Fwd: MoveON meeting re corporate lobbying Thur MAy 6th in Michiana

  • Thomas Healy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
      from our allies at MPJC

      Begin forwarded message:

      MoveOn.org
      Political Action
      MEDIA ADVISORY FOR CONTACT: Lori Silverman (574) 255-2750 or
      May 6th, 2010 (773) 914-8275 Mb.
      Local Forum to Tackle Problem of Corporations and Lobbyists

      South Bend Area residents gather to discuss how to make Washington work for
      regular citizens, not just the top 2 percent of corporate lobbyists and CEOs

      On Thursday, May 6th, local residents of Northern Indiana will hold a
      community forum hosted by MoveOn.org at First Unitarian Church at 6:30 PM.
      Against the backdrop of a struggling economy and slow job growth, the event
      will bring together local citizens concerned about the influence of big
      corporations and lobbyists in Washington. Attendees will discuss what can be
      done to rein in the growing influence of big corporations and lobbyists in
      our democracy.

      "Our economy is in crisis, and people here in Michiana are struggling.
      Meanwhile big corporations and CEOs continue to spend hundreds of millions
      lobbying to advance their own interests at the expense of the public," said
      Elizabeth S., a local MoveOn member. "We're here today to talk about how we
      can make our democracy work for the 98 percent of us who don't have
      high-paid lobbyists representing us in Washington."

      WHAT: Community Forum on Fighting Corporate Control
      WHO: MoveOn Members and other concerned folks
      WHERE: 101 E. North Shore Blvd., South Bend, IN 46617
      WHEN: 6:30 PM, May 6th, 2010

      MoveOn.org Political Action is a political action committee powered by 5
      million progressive Americans. We believe in the power of small donors and
      grassroots action to elect progressive leaders to office and to advance a
      progressive agenda. We do not accept any donations over $5,000, and the
      average donation to MoveOn.org Political Action is under $100.
      ###