Fwd: Ted Larrison Event 4/16 - Counter Recruitment Elkhart

  • Thomas Healy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2010
      from the Michiana P&J group listserv.

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Ellyn Stecker <etstecker@...>
      Date: April 13, 2010 11:58:27 PM EDT
      Subject: FW: Ted Larrison Event 4/16 - Counter Recruitment  Elkhart

      Ellyn

      From: Center for Peace & Nonviolence of St. Joseph County [mailto:center.for.peace.and.nonviolence@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:22 PM
      To: wiebepowell@...
      Subject: Ted Larrison Event 4/16 - Counter Recruitment

      Friends of CPNV,

      Please read this email below from Wendell Wiebe-Powell regarding a counter-recruitment speaker this Friday, April 16, 7:00 p.m. at Hively Ave. Mennonite Church, 800 East Hively Ave., Elkhart.

      Hope you can come!

      ---
      Greetings all,

      You may have seen this message on the MaplePeace list serve but I am sending it to each of you because of your specific concern and/or involvement in counter recruitment / truth-in-recruitment.

      The Elkhart Advocates for Peace and Justice (EAPJ) invite you to hear Ted Larrison share about counter recruitment and efforts to promote alternatives to youth in Indiana and Ohio on Friday, April 16, 7:00 p.m. at Hively Ave. Mennonite Church, 800 East Hively Ave., Elkhart. Ted is part of the Paoli Mennonite Fellowship, Paoli, IN.
      On Friday morning Ted is meeting in Indianapolis with Erin Polley, staff member of American Friends Service Committee, to discuss their involvement in counter recruiting and supporting youth in search for alternatives to the military.  We look forward to what Ted has to share with us and welcome participation of any who are concerned with this issue.
      Please let me know if you are planning to attend this meeting by Wednesday night. Email <wiebepowell@...>
      Peace, courage and joy for the journey,
      Wendell Wiebe-Powell