RE: [ipjn] Overwhelming majority in Congress votes for more war

  • Jeff Matheus
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2010
      Very sad to see Andre Carson on that list of "Nays". As someone who voted for him in the past I'll be sending him a letter to let him him know what I think of his decision. Anyone want to join me?

      JEFF

      To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com
      From: timothybaer2003@...
      Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:01:14 -0500
      Subject: [ipjn] Overwhelming majority in Congress votes for more war

      All of Indiana's Representatives (Republicans AND Democrats) voted against withdrawing U.S. troops from Afghanistan.

      189 Democrats and 167 Republicans in the U.S. Congress voted against Kucinich's troop withdrawal measure.

      http://clerk. house.gov/ evs/2010/ roll098.xml

      FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 98

      H CON RES 248     YEA-AND-NAY    10-Mar-2010 6:22 PM
      QUESTION: On Agreeing to the Resolution
      BILL TITLE: Directing the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution, to remove the United States Armed Forces from Afghanistan

                       YEAS NAYS PRES NV
      DEMOCRATIC 60    189      3
      REPUBLICAN    5    167      6
      INDEPENDENT
      TOTALS        65    356      9

      ---- YEAS 65 ---

      Baldwin
      Campbell
      Capuano
      Chu
      Clarke
      Clay
      Cleaver
      Crowley
      Davis (IL)
      DeFazio
      Doyle
      Duncan
      Edwards (MD)
      Ellison
      Farr
      Filner
      Frank (MA)
      Grayson
      Grijalva
      Gutierrez
      Hastings (FL)
      Jackson (IL)
      Jackson Lee (TX)
      Johnson (IL)
      Johnson, E. B.
      Jones
      Kagen
      Kucinich
      Larson (CT)
      Lee (CA)
      Lewis (GA)
      Maffei
      Maloney
      Markey (MA)
      McDermott
      McGovern
      Michaud
      Miller, George
      Nadler (NY)
      Napolitano
      Neal (MA)
      Obey
      Olver
      Paul
      Payne
      Pingree (ME)
      Polis (CO)
      Quigley
      Rangel
      Richardson
      Sánchez, Linda T.
      Sanchez, Loretta
      Schakowsky
      Serrano
      Speier
      Stark
      Stupak
      Tierney
      Towns
      Tsongas
      Velázquez
      Waters
      Watson
      Welch
      Woolsey

      ---- NAYS 356 ---

      Ackerman
      Aderholt
      Adler (NJ)
      Akin
      Alexander
      Altmire
      Andrews
      Arcuri
      Austria
      Baca
      Bachmann
      Bachus
      Baird
      Barrow
      Bartlett
      Barton (TX)
      Bean
      Becerra
      Berkley
      Berman
      Berry
      Biggert
      Bilbray
      Bilirakis
      Bishop (GA)
      Bishop (NY)
      Bishop (UT)
      Blackburn
      Blumenauer
      Blunt
      Boccieri
      Boehner
      Bonner
      Bono Mack
      Boozman
      Boren
      Boswell
      Boucher
      Boustany
      Boyd
      Brady (PA)
      Brady (TX)
      Braley (IA)
      Bright
      Broun (GA)
      Brown (SC)
      Brown, Corrine
      Brown-Waite, Ginny
      Buchanan
      Burgess
      Burton (IN)
      Butterfield
      Buyer
      Calvert
      Cantor
      Cao
      Capito
      Capps
      Cardoza
      Carnahan
      Carney
      Carson (IN)
      Carter
      Cassidy
      Castle
      Castor (FL)
      Chaffetz
      Chandler
      Childers
      Clyburn
      Coble
      Coffman (CO)
      Cohen
      Cole
      Conaway
      Connolly (VA)
      Cooper
      Costa
      Costello
      Courtney
      Crenshaw
      Cuellar
      Culberson
      Cummings
      Dahlkemper
      Davis (CA)
      Davis (KY)
      Davis (TN)
      DeGette
      Delahunt
      DeLauro
      Dent
      Diaz-Balart, M.
      Dicks
      Dingell
      Doggett
      Donnelly (IN)
      Dreier
      Driehaus
      Edwards (TX)
      Ehlers
      Ellsworth
      Emerson
      Engel
      Eshoo
      Etheridge
      Fallin
      Fattah
      Flake
      Fleming
      Forbes
      Fortenberry
      Foster
      Foxx
      Franks (AZ)
      Frelinghuysen
      Fudge
      Gallegly
      Garamendi
      Garrett (NJ)
      Gerlach
      Giffords
      Gingrey (GA)
      Gohmert
      Gonzalez
      Goodlatte
      Gordon (TN)
      Granger
      Graves
      Green, Al
      Green, Gene
      Griffith
      Guthrie
      Hall (NY)
      Hall (TX)
      Halvorson
      Hare
      Harman
      Harper
      Hastings (WA)
      Heinrich
      Heller
      Hensarling
      Herger
      Herseth Sandlin
      Higgins
      Hill
      Himes
      Hinchey
      Hinojosa
      Hirono
      Hodes
      Holden
      Holt
      Honda
      Hoyer
      Hunter
      Inglis
      Inslee
      Israel
      Issa
      Jenkins
      Johnson (GA)
      Johnson, Sam
      Jordan (OH)
      Kanjorski
      Kaptur
      Kennedy
      Kildee
      Kilpatrick (MI)
      Kilroy
      Kind
      King (IA)
      King (NY)
      Kingston
      Kirk
      Kirkpatrick (AZ)
      Kissell
      Klein (FL)
      Kline (MN)
      Kosmas
      Kratovil
      Lamborn
      Lance
      Langevin
      Larsen (WA)
      Latham
      LaTourette
      Latta
      Lee (NY)
      Levin
      Lewis (CA)
      Linder
      Lipinski
      LoBiondo
      Loebsack
      Lofgren, Zoe
      Lowey
      Lucas
      Luetkemeyer
      Luján
      Lummis
      Lungren, Daniel E.
      Lynch
      Mack
      Manzullo
      Marchant
      Markey (CO)
      Marshall
      Matheson
      Matsui
      McCarthy (CA)
      McCarthy (NY)
      McCaul
      McClintock
      McCollum
      McCotter
      McHenry
      McIntyre
      McKeon
      McMahon
      McMorris Rodgers
      McNerney
      Meek (FL)
      Meeks (NY)
      Melancon
      Mica
      Miller (FL)
      Miller (MI)
      Miller (NC)
      Miller, Gary
      Minnick
      Mitchell
      Mollohan
      Moore (KS)
      Moore (WI)
      Moran (KS)
      Moran (VA)
      Murphy (CT)
      Murphy (NY)
      Murphy, Patrick
      Murphy, Tim
      Myrick
      Neugebauer
      Nunes
      Nye
      Oberstar
      Olson
      Ortiz
      Owens
      Pallone
      Pascrell
      Pastor (AZ)
      Paulsen
      Pence
      Perlmutter
      Perriello
      Peters
      Peterson
      Petri
      Pitts
      Platts
      Poe (TX)
      Pomeroy
      Posey
      Price (GA)
      Price (NC)
      Putnam
      Radanovich
      Rahall
      Rehberg
      Reichert
      Reyes
      Rodriguez
      Roe (TN)
      Rogers (AL)
      Rogers (KY)
      Rogers (MI)
      Rohrabacher
      Rooney
      Ros-Lehtinen
      Roskam
      Ross
      Rothman (NJ)
      Roybal-Allard
      Royce
      Ruppersberger
      Rush
      Ryan (OH)
      Ryan (WI)
      Salazar
      Sarbanes
      Scalise
      Schauer
      Schiff
      Schmidt
      Schock
      Schrader
      Schwartz
      Scott (GA)
      Scott (VA)
      Sensenbrenner
      Sessions
      Sestak
      Shadegg
      Shea-Porter
      Sherman
      Shimkus
      Shuler
      Shuster
      Simpson
      Sires
      Skelton
      Slaughter
      Smith (NE)
      Smith (NJ)
      Smith (TX)
      Smith (WA)
      Snyder
      Souder
      Space
      Spratt
      Stearns
      Sullivan
      Sutton
      Tanner
      Taylor
      Teague
      Terry
      Thompson (CA)
      Thompson (MS)
      Thompson (PA)
      Thornberry
      Tiahrt
      Tiberi
      Titus
      Tonko
      Turner
      Upton
      Van Hollen
      Visclosky
      Walden
      Walz
      Wamp
      Watt
      Waxman
      Weiner
      Westmoreland
      Whitfield
      Wilson (OH)
      Wilson (SC)
      Wittman
      Wolf
      Wu
      Yarmuth
      Young (AK)

      ---- NOT VOTING 9 ---

      Barrett (SC)
      Camp
      Conyers
      Davis (AL)
      Deal (GA)
      Diaz-Balart, L.
      Hoekstra
      Wasserman Schultz
      Young (FL)

      To: ;
      From: dl2001@comcast. net
      Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 06:09:08 -0500
      Subject: [ipjn] Republicans and a few Dems in Congress vote for more war

      Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) attempted to get his resolution forcing the withdrawal of
      American forces no later than Dec. 31.  passed, but Democrats sided with Republicans
      and the measure was soundly rejected.
      Read more: http://www.politico .com/news/ stories/0310/ 34231.html# ixzz0hrfHbDKC
      Rep. Patrick Kennedy, yesterday, took the media to task their ignoring  the
      war in Afghanistan, focusing, instead on the silliness of Eric Massa

      But have a look at how the media, under attack, defends itself by calling Kennedy's floor speech
       a "tirade," and "spin".

      How do you fight against the media, who buy their ink by the barrel, paper by the ton, and
      have a cadre of good lawyers on retainer?

      I'll tell you how: WE must become the media!

      Peace soon,

      Dave

    • Erin Polley
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2010
        I called his aide today and let them know how I felt. I will be writing a letter as well.
        Erin

        ________________________________
        To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com
        From: timothybaer2003@...