Indiana Bus to D.C.: Going ... or not !

  • Timothy Baer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010
      Greetings Fellow Peace Advocates!
      In less than three weeks, a group of us are planning to travel together to Washington, D.C. together. I'm looking forward to participating in the nation's capital on March 20th in another dynamic expression of our hope and desire for Peace!
      I want to give you an update on the bus situation.

      I have chartered a 55-seat motor coach for March 19-21. At present, we only have 27 paid bus riders and a few generous contributions. After extensively getting the word out, we have people coming from the Louisville, Indianapolis, and Bloomington, Indiana areas. But, it is clear that we don't have enough to pay for a 55-seat bus. As a cost savings, a 47-seat bus will be chartered instead, with an altered pick-up route and departure times.
      However, we still need a minimum of 17 more people to join us.
      If you have been considering going to D.C. but, haven't made a decision yet -- the time to decide is now! Join us! Riding with us is less expensive than going Greyhound, and a lot faster.
      Are we still taking the bus to D.C.?
      That really depends on how many of you respond in the next couple days.
      We really need to hear from you now, not in a week or two.

      I need to make full payment to the bus company (Miller Transportation) next week. At present, I am $1700 short of what we need to pay the company.
      Your help is needed in encouraging others to join us.
      The latest revised announcement is below. Please distribute it widely!
      Thank you!
      We have received a few financial contributions for the bus trip. If there are people who cannot afford the full cost ($100), please contact me and we'll see about helping subsidize the bus fare. These funds are limited. So, if people would like to take advantage of this, they should do so promptly.
      If you have other ideas to get more aboard our bus to D.C., please let me know.
      Thank you!

      Peace and blessings,
      Timothy Baer

      Organizer, Bloomington Peace Action Coalition
      (812) 988-1917
      Please forward widely!
      On the Seventh Anniversary of the U.S. Invasion of Iraq …
      Join us for a massive Peace Mobilization in Washington to demonstrate the will of the people:
      End U.S. Wars and Military Occupations!
      Bring All the Troops Home Now!
      Peace for Afghanistan, Iraq, and Palestine!
      Peace March & Rally in Washington, D.C.
      Saturday, March 20, 2010

      See: http://www.March20.org
      Watch the video, "All Out for March 20th!"

      Bloomington Peace Action Coalition has chartered a 47-passenger motor coach to D.C.!
      Don't miss this opportunity to help create a massive showing of support for the peoples of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Palestine, and insist upon an end to the military occupations of these countries.
      Be a part of this historic National March and Rally in Washington D.C. as we join with tens of thousands of people from across the country in repudiating the destructive foreign policies of the United States, and call for Peace and Justice for Afghanistan and the Middle East.
      Board the bus in Louisville, Bloomington, or Indianapolis!
      • The bus will leave Louisville, KY at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, March 19.
      • Pick-ups also in Bloomington, IN and Indianapolis.
      • The bus will be leaving Washington, D.C. at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 20 to return to Kentucky/ Indiana.
      • Round-trip bus fare is $100 per person
      NOTE: If you are in need of financial assistance, we have limited gift funds to help subsidize your fare. Students and low-income persons, let us know. We want you to join us!
      • E-mail: timothybaer2003@...  or  Call: 812-988-1917
      • Provide us with your name, phone number, e-mail address, and city.
      • We will call you back or e-mail you to confirm that a seat has been reserved.
      After you have received confirmation that a seat on the bus is reserved for you, Please promptly mail a CHECK to:

      Bloomington Peace Action Coalition
      c/o Timothy Baer
      P.O. Box  671
      Nashville, Indiana 47448
      Make your check out to “Timothy Baer”
      If you cannot go with us to Washington, D.C. yourself, please consider sponsoring another person's seat on the bus!
      Your help is greatly needed and appreciated in contributing whatever amount you can to help fund a full bus to D.C.
      Thank you!