I-69 Action today: Come or Call Peggy Welch

  • greg buck
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2006
      From: John Smith <countus@...>
      To: undisclosed-recipients:;
      Subject: Action: Come or Call Peggy Welch
      Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:28:58 -0500

      Ways and Means Testimony Opportunity Today

      Below you will see a list of Ways and Means committee members, you might
      want to contact yours (if you have one) and phone in a question regarding
      the Bill before them today... Major Moves, HB1008.

      We received this e-mail from Peggy Welch last night:

      John, FYI, tomorrow, Wednesday, the Ways and Means Committee will hear from
      proponents and opponents to Major Moves. I invite you and whomever to bring
      forth your arguments.

      If you have questions, please give me a call. My celll is: ....

      peg

      We did not think it correct to share her cell phone number, but you can get
      a message to her on the (800) number:
      1-800-382-9842

      Call in the question that you would like asked of US! the opponents of New
      Terrain I-69.

      The meeting will go on from 9:30 AM until perhaps 1:00 PM.

      *****************

      If you recognize another legislator on the list below, call them. You can
      find the contact information from:
      http://www.i69tour.org/lobby.html

      The House Ways and Means Committee will be taking public testimony for and
      against HB 1008.

      When: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 9:30 am

      Where: Indiana Statehouse, Room 404

      *************************

      WAYS AND MEANS
      Representative Jeff Espich, Chair
      Rep. Ralph Ayres, Vice Chair
      Rep. Larry Buell, Chair of Budget Subcommittee
      Rep. Phyllis Pond, Chair of Higher Education Subcommittee
      Rep. Jeff Thompson, Chair of School Funding Subcommittee

      Members:
      Rep. Billy Bright
      Rep. Bob Cherry
      Rep. Bill Davis
      Rep. Dan Leonard
      Rep. Rich McClain
      Rep. Luke Messer
      Rep. Cindy Noe
      Rep. John Smith
      Rep. Eric Turner
      Rep. Troy Woodruff
      Rep. Bill Crawford, RMM
      Rep. John Aguilera
      Rep. Dennis Avery
      Rep. Bill Cochran
      Rep. John Day
      Rep. Ben GiaQuinta
      Rep. Clyde Kersey
      Rep. Sheila Klinker
      Rep. David Orentlicher
      Rep. Peggy Welch

      Greg Buck
      Director
      Campaign for Sustainable Economics
      Indianapolis, IN USA

      Please endorse this Position on Economic Growth
      www.steadystate.org/PositiononEG.html

      Speakers www.steadystate.org/CASSE-Speakers/Speakers.html

      The GDP ignores the value of ecosystem services & quality of life, & counts
      bads as goods, making the Genuine Progress Indicator preferable
      www.redefiningprogress.org/newprojects/gpi/index.shtml

      More significantly, account for sharing the finite planet that has finite
      access to solar energy www.myfootprint.org

      Why ecological economics?
      http://www.uvm.edu/giee/SNR_seminar/Readings/Costanza_2001_Bioscience.pdf

      Peak Oil is not the 800 lb. gorilla. It's economic growth
      http://steadystate.org/Letters/LetterPeakOilEditorial.html

      Urban design for quality living within a smaller scale
      www.ecocitybuilders.org