DIE-IN for 8th Anniversary of Iraq War

  • Jeff Matheus
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
      Erin,

      Please add Indy Artists' Peace Project to the endorsees. Thanks so much for organizing this.

      Jeff Matheus
      co-founder,
      Indy Artists' Peace Project

      ---------------

      com; erinpolley@...
      > From: Epolley@...
      > Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:58:29 -0500
      > Subject: [ipjn] Re: DIE-IN for 8th Anniversary of Iraq War

      > Just a reminder about sending in endorsements today for this event. So far we have:
      >

      > AFSC
      >
      > Indianapolis Peace and Justice Center
      >
      > Bloomington Peace Action Coalition
      >
      > Women in Black
      >
      > Indiana Peace and Justice Network
      >

      > Am I missing anyone? I should have a flyer and announcement to share widely this evening.
      >
      > Erin
      >

      > On 2/10/10 5:17 PM, "Erin Polley"> wrote:
      >

      > Hello all,
      >

      > We have had a permit approved for Friday, March 26 @ 5:30-7pm on the north end of Monument Circle for a DIE-IN. Below is the information for the event. I would like to create a poster and start advertising this event widely and registering volunteers to participate. Please email me back by Monday, February 15 and let me know if your organization would like to endorse and the names of any people who may attend.
      >
      > Erin
      >

      > Friday, March 26
      >
      > 5:30-7pm
      >
      > DIE-IN on Monument Circle
      >
      > Soldiers & Sailors Monument, north end
      >
      > Indianapolis, IN
      >

      > To commemorate the 8th anniversary of the Iraq war- Indiana peace, faith, student and labor groups will gather at Monument Circle for a DIE-IN to memorialize the Iraqi civilian casualties of the war. With permission from the Indiana War Memorials, volunteers will lie at the Monument, covered in white sheets to draw attention to the human cost of war. Others will read the names of the Indiana servicemen and servicewomen killed as well as the names of just a portion of the Iraqi civilians.
      >

      > To register as a volunteer, please contact Erin Polley at epolley@....
      >

      > Sponsored by (in formation) American Friends Service Committee.

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
        Erin:  You may also add:

        Fort Wayne Peace and Justice Coalition

        Dave Lambert

        On 2/10/10 5:17 PM, "Erin Polley" <EPolley@afsc. org> wrote:

[...]

        To register as a volunteer, please contact Erin Polley at epolley@afsc. org.

        Sponsored by (in formation) American Friends Service Committee.

      • fotw
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
          please add
          Friends of the Third World - Ft.Wayne