Re: [ipjn] Video on Bhutan's economic assessment. Thursday.

  • Clark Field
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      Good Morning Long-Range Thinkers,

      To me it more abundantly clear now than ever we need the Green Party, as we have seen how many Democrats and most Republicans act -- placing Party before Country, Politics before People.  I'm ready to restart the Vanderburgh County Chapter of the Indiana Greens.

      What do you think?

      Peace,

      Clark Field
      Evansville

      On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Greg Buck <ecothinker@...> wrote:

      FYI

      Greg Buck
      Campaign for Sustainable Economics
      www.sustainableeconomics.org

      Individuals & Organizations: Please endorse
      "Position on Economic Growth" www.steadystate.org/PositiononEG.html

      Recommended:
      www.storyofstuff.com
      www.myfootprint.org
      www.ecocitybuilders.org
      Agriculture that works with nature http://www.permacultureactivist.net/
      Sustainable Footprint Community http://directory.ic.org/20729/Sustainable_Footprint
      Clearinghouse for Actions Against Interstate 69 in Indiana
      http://groups.google.com/group/clearinghouse-for-actions-against-i-69-in-indiana

      THURSDAY 2/4

      "It’s movie time! See, “Bhutan: Taking the Middle Path to Happiness” at
      IUPUI University Library Room, Lilly Auditorium (basement of library),
      755 W. Michigan Street, 6 p.m. The documentary “Bhutan: The Middle
      Path to Happiness,” profiles the small predominantly Buddhist country
      of Bhutan, which has created its own Gross National Happiness Index.
      Instead of thinking that Gross Domestic Product, or the size of the
      economy, is most important, Bhutan has made its goal happiness, which
      is measured on a comprehensive matrix. See this fascinating take on
      the goals and goods of human life and debate the makings of good lives
      with fellow IUPUI students, staff, faculty and members of the
      community. Refreshments provided."

      --
      Read a good novel lately?  check out my web: www.clarkgabrielfield.com
      order only from: fieldandserr@...