CALL FOR AN EMERGENCY RESPONSE TO SURGE IN AFGHANISTAN

  • Erin Polley
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      **PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY***

      CALL FOR AN EMERGENCY RESPONSE TO THE U.S. SURGE IN AFGHANISTAN

      The U.S. war in Afghanistan is over 8 years old and has caused nearly 1000 U.S. soldier deaths and tens of thousands of Afghan civilian lives. Despite an anti-war majority in the United States, the Obama administration is said to be announcing a troop surge of tens of thousands more soldiers.

      We call on all Hoosiers who disagree with the surge to join in an Emergency Response Protest on the day after President Obama announces the troop surge into Afghanistan with the demands:

      Bring all the troops home now!
      Funding for human needs, not war!

      MAKE NOISE, NOT WAR!
      5-7pm Wednesday, December 2nd
      NE Corner of Fall Creek and Meridian
      Indianapolis

      Bring family, friends, signs and noisemakers as we get rowdy in the streets to voice our opposition.