Fw: CARR Marks 20th year of fighting I-69

  • Greg Buck
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009
      Congratulations!

      Greg Buck
      Campaign for Sustainable Economics
      www.sustainableeconomics.org

      Individuals & Organizations: Please endorse
      "Position on Economic Growth" www.steadystate.org/PositiononEG.html

      Recommended:
      www.storyofstuff.com
      www.myfootprint.org
      www.ecocitybuilders.org
      Agriculture that works with nature http://www.permacultureactivist.net/
      Sustainable Footprint Community http://directory.ic.org/20729/Sustainable_Footprint
      Clearinghouse for Actions Against Interstate 69 in Indiana
      http://groups.google.com/group/clearinghouse-for-actions-against-i-69-in-indiana

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2009
        Is it time for a direct action against this? Getting in the way of the construction? I will come south and stand with you guys.

        joan in Northwest Indiana

        ________________________________

        Individuals & Organizations: Please endorse
        "Position on Economic Growth" www.steadystate.org/PositiononEG.html <http://www.steadystate.org/PositiononEG.html>

        Recommended:
        www.storyofstuff.com <http://www.storyofstuff.com/>
        www.myfootprint.org <http://www.myfootprint.org/>
        www.ecocitybuilders.org <http://www.ecocitybuilders.org/>
        Agriculture that works with nature http://www.permacultureactivist.net/ <http://www.permacultureactivist.net/>
        Sustainable Footprint Community http://directory.ic.org/20729/Sustainable_Footprint <http://directory.ic.org/20729/Sustainable_Footprint>
        Clearinghouse for Actions Against Interstate 69 in Indiana
        http://groups.google.com/group/clearinghouse-for-actions-against-i-69-in-indiana <http://groups.google.com/group/clearinghouse-for-actions-against-i-69-in-indiana>

        Following is an article from today's Herald Times about CARR's Annual Meeting.

        There is one major omission in this article--ALL OF YOU. We have not been fighting this alone. We thank all of YOU. YOUR persistence, attendance at meetings, letters to the editors, comments on studies, and monetary support is what has kept I-69 at bay for 19 years.

        We are all too busy, we all get tired and we get frustrated, but we keep on because it is the right thing to do and because I-69 is such a very, very bad idea. The times we are living in make it clear that I-69 is a project whose time should never come.

        Your support and hard work is what keeps us going. We cannot do it without you. Please help us to keep up the good fight and have hope that we can prevail. Because we must.

        Best regards,
        Thomas & Sandra
        -------
        CARR marks 20th year of fighting I-69 plan
        By Michael Malik 331-4370 | mmalik@... <mailto:mmalik@...>