A special request from a WNPJ member group: Homeless veterans initiative needs furniture and a van

  • Sheila Rosenthal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2009
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Sheila <rose.fam@...>
      Date: Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM
      Subject: A special request from a WNPJ member group: Homeless veterans initiative needs furniture and a van
      To: rosefam2856@...

      Oct 7, 2009 05:00:49 PM, info@... wrote:

      For the past year, Milwaukee Veterans for Peace , Chapter 102, a WNPJ member, has been running a homeless veterans initiative to find and assist homeless veterans in the Milwaukee area.  There have already been some amazing success stories.

      This month 7 veterans will be moving into our "housing first" single room housing, located in two residential houses.  We're asking for help from anyone who might have some furniture that could be donated. These men have come a long way in the last year and we are trying to get together enough furniture for 7 bedrooms and 2 living rooms. Anything will help. Please call Dennis Johnson, executive director  of the Homeless Veterans Initiative, at 414-810-0655 to arrange pick up.  dennis@...

      And if you live too far away to provide furniture, tax-deductible donations are welcome. This group is also raising $1,000 for the purchase of a van, to use in this project.

      Thanks…..
      --
      We don't leave our wounded behind

      Veterans for Peace - Chapter 102 – Milwaukee

      Contact Person: John Zutz
      Address: 2922 N. Booth, Milwaukee , WI 53212
      Phone: 414-372-0749 E-Mail: john@...

      Judy Miner, Executive Director

      Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice

      122 State St. #402, Madison WI 53703