FW: [codepinkhouse] CALL WH TODAY! OBAMA MEETS PETRAEUS, ODIERNO & PETRAEUS

  • Lori Perdue
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      Below is a request for a call-in action to the White House to coincide with today's National Call-In Day on Afghanistan from UFPJ, Peace Action and many others.
      I made my Congressional calls late morning and from the sound of things in the office they were bustling in the Senator's offices, not so much in my Rep's office. Couldn't tell if We, The People were rocking the phones or not. So if you haven't called in to weigh in on Afghanistan, please do it now. See Tim Baer's email from earlier today..."National Call-In Day: Vote NO on More War Funding‏" for more details or take this info and run.
       On Wednesday, Tell Congress To Vote "No" on the
      2010 Defense Appropriations Bill!

      Call the Congressional Switchboard:
      202-224-3121
      or 202-225-3121

      As I said at the beginning, below is a request for an additional call-in to the White House. Once you've warmed up on Congress, call the White House and remind President Obama that the will of the People is an end to the conflict, not an escalation, as he hears from Generals likely pressuring for an increase in troops in Afghanistan. Be heard across the leadership. Timely action can be most effective.
      Don't miss the update from Afghanistan from CODEPINK Co-Founders Jodie Evans and Medea Benjamin. This is day three of their delegation to meet with women's groups and government officials.

      In Peace and Solidarity,

      Lori

      "When you put your hand to the plow, you can't put it down until you get to the end of the row."

      ~Alice Paul, Suffragist and Author of the Equal Rights Amendment

      From: desiree@...

      http://www.whitehou se.gov/contact/

      Phone Numbers

      Comments: 202-456-1111