Re: Highway bar setup info

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30 12:53 PM
      Do you have any pics?

      --- In ipcrc@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Giles" <dice3232@...> wrote:

      > Here is the info on the highway bar setup I have on my PC:
      > Metric Thunder website (metricthunder.com) - Kuryakyn brand symbol
      > Kuryakyn 1" Magnum Clamp - part # 7940 each $22 x 2 = $44
      > Kuryakyn Long Right Angle Mounts - part # 4503 (pair) = $45
      > Right angle mounts allow lots of flexibility in peg placements because they can be adjusted along two axes allowing cruise peg installation on engine guards that slope inward, outward or diagonally.
      > Kuryakyn Iso SweptWing Pegs - part # 4463 (pair) = $81
      > Kuryakyn makes lots of different model pegs that can be used instead of these if you prefer a different style or size, but they must have the male insert that fits the mounts.
      > Total = $170 (free shipping for orders over $149)
      > plus add cost of 3/4" Hanger Iron Pipe Wrap - roll = $5
      > used to build up the 7/8" bars to 1" so the 1" Magnum Clamps will hold in place - they don't make a 7/8" size clamp
      > Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I hope this info helps.

    • cmaefs
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12 6:12 AM

        I recently was looking to add highway pegs to my PC800.  I saw your post and ordered all the parts you suggest but I switched one part.  I found 7/8" clamps at J&P Cycles. Not everything has arrived yet but I got one of the two 7/8" clamps and it looks solid!  I will post how it all installs later.

        Parts that have shipped

        Item No.

        Description

        Qty.

        Unit Price

        Your Price

        505-896

        7/8" BLACK 3-PIECE FRAME CLAMP EACH

        1

        $9.99

        $9.99

      • cmaefs
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16 11:25 AM
          I installed the pegs.  The clamp I mentioned in the previous message are not Kuryakyn and had to be modified.  About 1 hour with the grinder fixed this.  I rounded the free end of the clamp and drilled (widened the bolt hole) 1/2" hole for the bolt.  It all worked well and I was able to get the clamp to seat correctly in the Kuryakyn Long Right Angle Mounts.  The plastic did not need to be cut but the fit is very tight.
        • cmaefs
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18 5:56 PM
            Posted a picture of the installed left side peg.