Re: Dutch Oven Tree

  • dutchoventam
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2011
      We did one a couple of years ago. Decorated it with red ribbons and fake candy canes. On my Facebook "Tammy Mortensen" newton, ia

      --- In iowadutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "rongroenendyk" <rjgr2973@...> wrote:

      > Judy and I are putting a Dutch Oven Tree at the Book Vault in Oskaloosa. Does anyone know of pictures to help Judy decorate? I have seen some in the past, but can not find them yet. Thanks in advance.

    • Doug
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2011
        --- In iowadutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "rongroenendyk" <rjgr2973@...> wrote:

        > Judy and I are putting a Dutch Oven Tree at the Book Vault in Oskaloosa. Does anyone know of pictures to help Judy decorate? I have seen some in the past, but can not find them yet. Thanks in advance.

        >I did one few years ago, and used my fishing lures for decoration. I just hung the lures over the lid. I took it down after pictures. But here's some ideas. Use old Christmas cards, cut into winter theme shapes, and hang them around the edge. Think about the tools needed to cook DO style, and buy minatures cooking tools to hang around the edge. Doug
      • marlynhoksbergen
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2011
          That is such an awesome idea. I cannot wait to see the pictures. I might do that at my house. How long will the "tree" be at the shop? May have to make a trip to Osky this week.