booting spammers

  • Rol Murrow
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2012
      Michael,

      The "spammer" stole one of our members' email account so the spam was not
      from our member, but from our member's stolen account.

      Spammers have bot programs that guess at folks' email passwords so they can
      steal the account and send spam to all addresses in the victim's email
      address list.

      This is a common occurrence so one simple needs to recognize when something
      is obviously spam and delete it.

      And for everyone - it is more important than ever to have secure passwords
      for one's email accounts.

      It should contain upper and lower case characters, numbers, and special
      characters such as #$&.

      Cheers,

      Rol

    • Larry Cuba