[Fwd: [audiovision] Radical Software Online]

  • Andrew D Lyons
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Fwd from audiovision list:
      --------------------------

      Subject: Radical Software

      http://www.radicalsoftware.org

      From: Davidson Gigliotti <davidson@...>

      Two years ago, Ira Schneider and I began planning to put all the
      issues of Radical Software on the Internet. We are very happy to
      announce that, with help from the Daniel Langlois Foundation of
      Montreal, our project has been realized.

      There were eleven issues of Radical Software from 1970 to 1974, and
      during that period it was the only periodical devoted to the subject
      of video and video art. Founded by Beryl Korot, Phyllis Gershuny
      (Segura), and Ira Schneider in 1970, it became an important voice of
      the video community nationwide and internationally.

      Read the Introduction "Radical Software Redux" by David Ross, who
      began his distinguished career as the very first video curator,
      appointed by Jim Harithas at the Everson Museum in Syracuse. Also take
      a look at the "Brief History of Raindance." Raindance was the
      influential New York video collective and think tank that published
      Radical Software.

      But the heart of the site is Radical Software itself, and the search
      engine and database created by the Daniel Langlois Foundation. All
      issues are freely downloadable in PDF format, both in their entirety
      and for specific search results. The database, which includes the
      contents of all issues, is fully searchable by author and by subject.
      Covers, page layouts, contents, all are visible, readable, and
      downloadable.

      When Radical Software ceased publication in 1974, it almost
      disappeared from view. And what also nearly disappeared was the
      viewpoint that it represented. So the Radical Software founders, all
      the people who contributed to it, the Raindance members who published
      it, the Fondation Daniel Langlois, and Ira Schneider and I, offer
      you Radical Software again for your perusal and re-evaluation.
      All the Radical Software covers

      The URL for the site is: http://www.radicalsoftware.org
    • Paul Cohen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003