MacOS X PostgreSQL 8 alternate location

  • Kon Lovett
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi,

      I have pg in /Library/PostgreSQL8 (symlink from /usr/local/pgsql) so
      the current "Io/addons/Postgres/build.io" will not find it. Added the
      following:

      if(platform == "darwin", appendLibSearchPath("/usr/local/pgsql/lib"))
      if(platform == "darwin", appendHeaderSearchPath("/usr/local/pgsql/
      include"))

      Not optimal but handles a non-uncommon pg installation location w/
      MacOS X.

      Best Wishes,
      Kon
    • Steve Dekorte
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
        On Dec 1, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Kon Lovett wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have pg in /Library/PostgreSQL8 (symlink from /usr/local/pgsql) so
        > the current "Io/addons/Postgres/build.io" will not find it. Added the
        > following:
        >
        > if(platform == "darwin", appendLibSearchPath("/usr/local/pgsql/lib"))
        > if(platform == "darwin", appendHeaderSearchPath("/usr/local/pgsql/
        > include"))
        >
        > Not optimal but handles a non-uncommon pg installation location w/
        > MacOS X.

        Thanks, I've added your change. Btw, darcs is also handy for
        submitting fixes.

        Cheers,
        - Steve