[ANN] iobin Windows (win32) Package bugfix update

  • suspended_chord
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2012
      Hello all,

      Just posting to announce that I've updated the win32 binary package to fix a directory structure issue I had in the previous release, leading to addons not being found if Io was run from the wrong directory. The binaries themselves have not changed, just the directory structure. If you're using the previous release (20120302), here are instructions on how to fix your copy:

      1) In the IoLanguage directory, please make two directories: "bin" and "lib"
      2) In the bin directory, place the following files:
      - io.exe
      - io_static.exe
      - libbasekit.dll
      - libcoroutine.dll
      - libgarbagecollector.dll
      - libiovmall.dll
      3) In the lib directory, place the rest of the files, along with the "io" directory. Also, copy the 4 .dlls from the bin directory into the lib directory.
      4) Update your PATH to point to IoLanguage\bin (optional)

      If you'd rather just download the new copy which has this done for you, it's available at the usual link on the IoLanguage.com homepage or the iobin.suspended-chord.info homepage.

      Thanks to those who sent in bug reports.
      -->Jake