Ogg and Vorbis addons

  • Chris Double
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2009
      I'm in the midst of writing some addons that wrap the various Xiph
      libraries (libogg, libvorbis, libtheora, etc). So far I've been
      wrapping the low level API and then I'll look at higher level
      abstractions to make them easier to use.

      I've got the decoding portions of libogg and libvorbis mostly done, to
      the point where vorbis files can be played - although the code is
      pretty ugly to actually play something since it's a very low level
      API.

      I've put it in a githib repository in an 'ogg' branch:

      http://github.com/doublec/io/tree/ogg

      The addons/Vorbis/sampes/play.io file will play an Ogg file containing
      a Vorbis stream - ignoring any other stream in there.

      Comments appreciated, otherwise I'll just carry on hacking way in the
      direction I'm going.

      I'm using the PortAudio addon to play the sound but I notice this is
      hard coded to be at a sample rate of 44,100 and 2 channels. So Vorbis
      files at this are are the only ones that will play right. Is there a
      way of changing the rate/channels that I'm missing?

      Chris.
      --
      http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz