New language based off Io to some extent

  • John Lunney
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hey guys,

      I'm not sure if you've seen this or not, but it may interest some of
      you.

      _why (of Hackety internet-fame) has created a new language called
      Potion, which seem to owe quite a lot to Io.

      You can read all about it at:
      http://hackety.org/potion/

      I'd be interested to see what you make of it :)

      John
    • Andreas Schipplock
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
        mmh!

        --
        Kind regards,
        Andreas Schipplock.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
          On Jul 2, 2009, at 3:08 PM, John Lunney wrote:

          > Hey guys,
          >
          > I'm not sure if you've seen this or not, but it may interest some of
          > you.
          >
          > _why (of Hackety internet-fame) has created a new language called
          > Potion, which seem to owe quite a lot to Io.
          >
          > You can read all about it at:
          > http://hackety.org/potion/
          >
          > I'd be interested to see what you make of it :)

          "A path is any set of non-whitespace UTF-8 characters preceded by a
          slash. A path is also called an “instance variable” in programming
          jargon.
          Paths cannot be randomly added to the object after the object is
          created. Each object has a strict set of paths. Every path which is
          used in the constructor is added to the object upon creation."

          Poop!

          Cheers,

        • Semka Novikov
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
            Nice.
          • Samuel A. Falvo II
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
              On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM, A.M.<agentm@...> wrote:
              > Paths cannot be randomly added to the object after the object is
              > created. Each object has a strict set of paths. Every path which is
              > used in the constructor is added to the object upon creation."
              >
              > Poop!

              Undoubtedly a concession to the needs of compiling to static binary code.

              --
              Samuel A. Falvo II