Talk: Controlling Garden Pests Naturally, Evergreen Library, Wed, May 4, 6:30pm

  • Arvind Kumar
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2011
      You are invited to the monthly meeting of the Evergreen Valley Garden club at the Evergreen Library in San Jose. We meet the first Wednesdays of each month at 6:30pm. The meetings are free and open to all; bring a friend, neighbor, or loved one.

      Date:    Wed, May 4, 2011
      Time:    6:30-8pm
      Topic:   Controlling Garden Pests/Diseases Naturally
      Speaker: Master Gardener Laura Westley
      Venue:   Evergreen Library, 2635 Aborn Rd
               (at Kettman), San Jose

      Master Gardener Laura Westley will teach us how to recognize and control garden pests and diseases.  With  warm weather approaching, we will be seeing more bugs, both good and bad.  It is important to know and recognize pests and diseases and how to control them naturally and effectively.

      This is the monthly meeting of the Evergreen Valley Garden Club. Each meeting begins with announcements, followed by a Show & Tell where attendees have a chance to show a cutting of a garden favorite and talk briefly about how to grow it. Each talk ends with giveaways of plants and seeds from members' gardens.
      There is something for everyone. Knowledgeable gardeners are on hand to answer questions.

      PARKING: Overflow parking is available in the parking lot of Grace Lutheran Church, 2650 Aborn Rd, San Jose, just opposite the library on the other side of Aborn Rd.