April 23 Grocery Store Community Meeting

  • rose_herrera23
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 14, 2008
      Everyone in Involved Evergreen,

      Plan to attend the community meeting on Wednesday April 23, at Evergreen
      Village Square Suite 100 same place as the meeting held on September 12.
      Kelly Erardi, VP Shappell will be attending. Christine Firstenberg, the
      new broker hired by Shapell and assigned to find a replacement grocery
      store will be making a detailed presentation on the process of finding a
      store, results to date and how Involved Evergreen can assist in the
      process. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT. Please pass this along to your neighbors.

      Thanks,

      Rose Herrera
    • k1drbar
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 21, 2008
        Why must we wait for over a month to get information on this issue?
        Why must we create a situation where people have to physically appear
        at some location to get information? I suppose I should take solace
        that the meeting isn't held at the Evergreen Library (with overflow
        parking at the church across the street)! Why isn't this forum being
        used to supply information to the Involved Evergreen residents who
        have joined this group because they want to know what is going on, and
        not just when the next meeting is ...

        Will we have to show up at the meeting to get answers for the other
        questions asked here:

        What are Shappell's plans for putting up the signs?
        What was F&E's reasoning for choosing not to locate here?
        What is Shappell doing to fill the other empty areas of the square?
        Is Shappell looking to more than grocery stores to fill the Lunardi's
        space?

        Steve B
        Evergreen

        --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "rose_herrera23"
        <roseaherrera@...> wrote:

        > Everyone in Involved Evergreen,
        >
        > Plan to attend the community meeting on Wednesday April 23, at Evergreen
        > Village Square Suite 100 same place as the meeting held on September 12.
        > Kelly Erardi, VP Shappell will be attending. Christine Firstenberg, the
        > new broker hired by Shapell and assigned to find a replacement grocery
        > store will be making a detailed presentation on the process of finding a
        > store, results to date and how Involved Evergreen can assist in the
        > process. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT. Please pass this along to your neighbors.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Rose Herrera

      • Ajaya Gummadi
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 23, 2008
          Rose,

          Well we did show up a year ago to get these answers and neither Shapell nor our elected officials have been accountable to answer these very qeustions that remain outstanding even after this prolonged period:

            What are Shappell's plans for putting up the signs?
            What is Shappell doing to fill the other empty areas of the square?
            Is Shappell looking to more than grocery stores to fill the Lunardi's
          space?

          I am not inclined to listen to another "detailed presentation on the process", and do not have the confidence that the officials showing up for this dressing-up meeting will be providing any forum to even ask meaningful questions.

          So unless, Shapell has something meanigful to report, not sure what SUPPORT you are soliciting from this forum?

          My message to Shappell is:
            Fool me once, shame on me. Try to fool informed Evergreen residents like me twice, shame on you.

          Regards,
          Ajaya

          --
          Have a Great Day...Ajaya
        • matt_wahlin
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 23, 2008
            Steve,

            I should think it would be obvious. Shapell has hired the broker, not
            us. She was kind enough to meet with our Steering Committee and talk
            about the process that will occur to get a new store in; after
            meeting with us she WAS convinced that it would be good to meet with
            the wider community to tell everyone about the process, and hear our
            concerns & preferences. She also stated that the one thing our group
            has done which will have the most impact on getting a new store was
            the original petitions that we gathered, however the grocery
            executives will not be interested in any of the folks who signed the
            petition and put an email address instead of a street address (she
            will explain more about this in the meeting). So we will give people
            an opportunity to take blank petititons away from the meeting and get
            friends and neighbors to re-sign. If we took (or take) an angry
            stance as you implied in your posting, I see no reason why the broker
            (or anyone from Shapell) would even want to talk with us...

            This group was formed to keep Evergreen Village Square (and the
            businesses in it) alive because we feel it is a beautiful meeting
            place and center for our neighborhood communities around the Square.
            We want to keep a POSITIVE attitude so that we can continue to talk
            to all parties concerned. We also want to keep the number of people
            involved high enough so that we DO have a voice as representing the
            community.

            It is our intention to become an officially recognized neighborhood
            association so that we will be able to get grant money to support
            activities centered around the Square which will benefit our
            neighborhoods around the Square and the businesses in the Square. We
            are also working to get a voice in the process to elect members of
            the new Neighborhood's Commission being formed by San Jose so that
            our views about the development of Evergreen (and the Square) will be
            heard.

            In other words we want to PARTICIPATE in the process. We want to be
            HEARD. The negative tone you are taking will take us in exactly the
            opposite direction. I put out an invitation to the wider group to
            participate in the two efforts mentioned in the last paragraph; a
            number of very interested and involved people showed up for that
            meeting and are working HARD to get us qualified for the grant and
            N.A. status.

            You are welcome to participate and to help us put in effort to get
            these things done and increase our group's influence in a positive
            way...

            -Matt Wahlin

            --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "k1drbar" <k1drbar@...>
            wrote:

            > Why must we wait for over a month to get information on this issue?
            > Why must we create a situation where people have to physically
            appear
            > at some location to get information? I suppose I should take solace
            > that the meeting isn't held at the Evergreen Library (with overflow
            > parking at the church across the street)! Why isn't this forum
            being
            > used to supply information to the Involved Evergreen residents who
            > have joined this group because they want to know what is going on,
            and
            > not just when the next meeting is ...
            >
            > Will we have to show up at the meeting to get answers for the other
            > questions asked here:
            >
            > What are Shappell's plans for putting up the signs?
            > What was F&E's reasoning for choosing not to locate here?
            > What is Shappell doing to fill the other empty areas of the square?
            > Is Shappell looking to more than grocery stores to fill the
            Lunardi's
            > space?
            >
            > Steve B
            > Evergreen
            >
            > --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "rose_herrera23"
            > <roseaherrera@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Everyone in Involved Evergreen,
            > >
            > > Plan to attend the community meeting on Wednesday April 23, at
            Evergreen
            > > Village Square Suite 100 same place as the meeting held on
            September 12.
            > > Kelly Erardi, VP Shappell will be attending. Christine
            Firstenberg, the
            > > new broker hired by Shapell and assigned to find a replacement
            grocery
            > > store will be making a detailed presentation on the process of
            finding a
            > > store, results to date and how Involved Evergreen can assist in
            the
            > > process. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT. Please pass this along to your
            neighbors.

            > > Thanks,
            > >
            > > Rose Herrera

          • k1drbar
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 24, 2008
              Mr. Wahlin,

              Thank you for taking time to respond to my post. Frankly, I don't
              consider my post as having been negative, and by no implication angry
              ... and I am disappointed to see that you and others take them so.
              Please go back and read my post again from a neutral viewpoint and I
              hope that you will be able to see it simply as an attempt to get
              information which has been requested here for some time. If anything
              you might have read a sense of frustration, as notice of a meeting so
              far in the future relieves any need to provide information before that
              time.

              I should point out that the questions were are not posed directly to
              Shappel, rather the person/people who are managing this group. I am
              not the only one asking questions, but very few of them seem to elicit
              a response here. This group is called *Involved* Evergreen, and I
              would certainly like to be able to use this forum as a way to be
              involved. I'll bet there are others here who are like me ... I wish
              that I had discretionary time to be able to guarantee that I will be
              able to physically be at meetings regarding the marketplace (I was one
              of the many who attended that meeting in that unfinished shop space
              last year BTW). You shortchange yourselves and demean many in the
              group by implying that only the people who go to meetings are
              "involved." To my mind, everyone who has taken the time to join this
              group is "involved." Certainly, people who take the time to post
              information and requests for information are "involved."

              It would be so useful to those people who aren't able to get their
              information by being some place at some time if they could still be
              kept in the loop via this Yahoo Group. For example, by reading your
              post I now know that a "Steering Committee" has met with Shappel, and
              that "Steering Committee" has some understanding of the process that
              is being implemented. This information is useful and appreciated ...
              it would be great if some notes about the process and time line could
              be posted here. In its current state this group is not much more than
              a bulletin board. I get more information about what is going on from
              the Evergreen Times.

              In today's environment of personal ID theft, I must say that I find
              Shappel's requirement for names and addresses on petitions to be both
              disturbing and unnecessary. This isn't like a ballot measure, where
              names and addresses are (and must be) verified ... and hopefully kept
              secure. It should be apparent to anyone considering starting a
              business there that the neighborhood is very interested ... and
              willing to help make whatever business is established succeed. I
              certainly don't want my personal information put in yet another
              uncontrolled repository. As my ad hoc representative, I would
              certainly hope that the "Steering Committee" can help Shappel
              understand this and push back on such a request. I see this
              "recertification" effort as yet another means Shappel can use to delay
              actually doing anything.

              To some degree Shappel got what it wanted in terms of minimizing the
              possible competition from the EVC development via this group ... what
              has the community that comprises this group gotten in return? Even
              the notion of F&E filling the Lunardi's space was not based on the
              influence of this group. How much PARTICPATION in the process do you
              think Involved Evergreen will truly have?

              Steve B

              --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "matt" wrote:

> [...]
              > appear
              > > at some location to get information? I suppose I should take solace
              > > that the meeting isn't held at the Evergreen Library (with overflow
              > > parking at the church across the street)! Why isn't this forum
              > being
              > > used to supply information to the Involved Evergreen residents who
              > > have joined this group because they want to know what is going on,
              > and
              > > not just when the next meeting is ...
              > >
              > > Will we have to show up at the meeting to get answers for the other
              > > questions asked here:
              > >
              > > What are Shappel's plans for putting up the signs?
              > > What was F&E's reasoning for choosing not to locate here?
              > > What is Shappel doing to fill the other empty areas of the square?
              > > Is Shappel looking to more than grocery stores to fill the

            • k1drbar
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 24, 2008
                Since I find this to be an important topic I decided to break it out
                separately ...

                One way I show my interest in issues I believe are important is to do
                my best to attend public meetings, including those at the San Jose
                city council chambers. From experience I see how easily such meetings
                can be diverted from their stated purpose by those in the audience who
                have a particular agenda and a loud voice. A familiar example was
                that woman who so rudely distracted the original community meeting
                about the Lunardi's situation; but it happens many times in a far more
                subtle way. I remember the meeting at Matsumoto where the chief of
                police was present to discuss burglaries in the neighborhood ... that
                meeting was taken off topic by a number of the people in the audience.

                Frankly, I see Shappel calling for a community meeting as a way to say
                that they are doing something to get community input and to placate
                the community. It will give the residents of the area a chance to get
                some idea of the process that is underway, but anyone who believes
                that Shappel is going to this meeting to actually get input from the
                community is an optimist.

                Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that Shappel is taking the time to
                work with the "Steering Committee" and is willing to host a community
                meeting. I think that any real influence this group is going to have
                on the situation is going to be via the smaller working group. This
                is why I keep trying to encourage communication between the "Steering
                Committee" and the Involved Evergreen group at large.

                Participation implies dialog ... not simply satisfaction in being a
                fly on the wall at some meeting Shappel holds. There were concrete
                things that were discussed at the community meeting last year, and I
                don't think requesting regular progress updates qualifies someone as
                being "negative" or "angry." Let me take the example of the signs for
                the square. At the meeting Shappel indicated that it wanted to move
                forward with them pending approval of the city council. They now have
                that approval. Where is the process now? We hear unofficially that
                there has been zero progress ... is that true? I'll bet it isn't, but
                in the lack of real information people will assume the worst. F&E
                made a decision not to locate in our square ... would it be so bad to
                put out a postmortem in a general enough format for public
                consumption? Could the community have done anything to have improved
                the chances for success? What is wrong with asking that sort of
                question?

                Similarly, I don't feel it is out of line to request that the
                "Steering Committee" keeps minutes of its meetings and makes those
                minutes available via the Yahoo Group. If there are concerns about
                the information being generally available the "files" area of the
                group can be made visible only to group members ...

                If Shappel truly is interested in the neighborhood's concerns,
                preferences and thoughts they should be soliciting them via the
                "Steering Committee" ... which should in turn be obtaining them via
                the Involved Evergreen Yahoo group. Community meetings are definitely
                appreciated, but those who attend need to realize what is likely to
                happen at the meeting, and afterward at Shappel as a result.

                Steve B
                Evergreen

                --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "matt" wrote:

                > I should think it would be obvious. Shapell has hired the broker, not
                > us. She was kind enough to meet with our Steering Committee and talk
                > about the process that will occur to get a new store in; after
                > meeting with us she WAS convinced that it would be good to meet with
                > the wider community to tell everyone about the process, and hear our
                > concerns & preferences.
              • karthik_ramadoss
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 26, 2008
                  Steve,
                  I think most of your questions will be answered at the meeting by
                  the broker or by Shapell's representative. This is not a group run by
                  Shapell. It is run by some very committed people who are concerned
                  about what is happening to the neighborhood. It is highly likely that
                  they do not have the answers to Shapell specific questions. What do
                  they have to gain by withholding information?

                  I think 'Involved Evergreen' is doing a great job by being
                  pro-active and driving both Shapell and the City. The April 23 meeting
                  is just another step in the process. I like you would like to know
                  what plans Shapell has in mind for the Square and plan to attend the
                  meeting.

                  Karthik

                  --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "k1drbar" <k1drbar@...> wrote:

                  > Why must we wait for over a month to get information on this issue?
                  > Why must we create a situation where people have to physically appear
                  > at some location to get information? I suppose I should take solace
                  > that the meeting isn't held at the Evergreen Library (with overflow
                  > parking at the church across the street)! Why isn't this forum being
                  > used to supply information to the Involved Evergreen residents who
                  > have joined this group because they want to know what is going on, and
                  > not just when the next meeting is ...
                  >
                  > Will we have to show up at the meeting to get answers for the other
                  > questions asked here:
                  >
                  > What are Shappell's plans for putting up the signs?
                  > What was F&E's reasoning for choosing not to locate here?
                  > What is Shappell doing to fill the other empty areas of the square?
                  > Is Shappell looking to more than grocery stores to fill the Lunardi's
                  > space?
                  >
                  > Steve B
                  > Evergreen
                  >
                  > --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "rose_herrera23"
                  > <roseaherrera@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Everyone in Involved Evergreen,
                  > >
                  > > Plan to attend the community meeting on Wednesday April 23, at
                  Evergreen
                  > > Village Square Suite 100 same place as the meeting held on
                  September 12.
                  > > Kelly Erardi, VP Shappell will be attending. Christine
                  Firstenberg, the
                  > > new broker hired by Shapell and assigned to find a replacement grocery
                  > > store will be making a detailed presentation on the process of
                  finding a
                  > > store, results to date and how Involved Evergreen can assist in the
                  > > process. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT. Please pass this along to your
                  neighbors.

                  > > Thanks,
                  > >
                  > > Rose Herrera

                • dzenker
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                    I have to say that I'm kind of with Steve here. While I
                    wholeheartedly agree that we need to remain positive as much as
                    possible, I can certainly understand and relate to his questions and
                    frustrations.

                    I served on the Evergreen Visioning Project Task Force for almost
                    three years and the primary issue I worked to represent was the
                    protection of local grocery stores in our area. And we ultimately
                    prevailed by getting a policy limitation on the size of any future
                    grocery store on the college site. It was language that the
                    neighborhood put together - not Shappel - that ultimately made its
                    way into the final City document limiting any future grocery stores.

                    Furthermore, I was disappointed in Shappel and their participation in
                    the EVP efforts. Not only did they come to the debate extremely
                    late, but they did very little to involve the neighborhoods in their
                    efforts to limit the college's grocery store. Instead, they tried to
                    influence the City through lobbyists and attorneys, which I
                    understand really irritated several of our elected leaders and may
                    have actually worked against us for awhile.

                    Based on my experience, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting around for
                    Shappel to pass along any new information or initiatives. They seem
                    to be used to working in secret and strangely, don't appear to feel
                    comfortable using their greatest ally - the huge energy and support
                    of the surrounding community.

                    On another note, I was under the impression that this Yahoo Group was
                    formed to allow the community to share its concerns about the
                    survival of Evergreen Village Square. After all, this group used to
                    be called "Concerned Neighbors of Evergreen Village Square". And yet
                    I am often surprised how quickly concerns and debate are swiftly
                    quashed as "too negative" or else left to die on the vine. We all
                    have a lot at stake with the survival of that shopping area and I
                    think more debate and discussion is warranted – not less. In fact,
                    tough questions and solid debate here should be a challenge to Ms.
                    Herrera, given her candidacy for City Council, and yet her voice here
                    has been practically silent of late.

                    Respectfully,

                    Dave Zenker

                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > > > that the meeting isn't held at the Evergreen Library (with
                    overflow
                    > > > parking at the church across the street)! Why isn't this forum
                    > > being
                    > > > used to supply information to the Involved Evergreen residents
                    who
                    > > > have joined this group because they want to know what is going
                    on,
                    > > and
                    > > > not just when the next meeting is ...
                    > > >
                    > > > Will we have to show up at the meeting to get answers for the
                    other
                    > > > questions asked here:
                    > > >
                    > > > What are Shappel's plans for putting up the signs?
                    > > > What was F&E's reasoning for choosing not to locate here?
                    > > > What is Shappel doing to fill the other empty areas of the
                    square?
                    > > > Is Shappel looking to more than grocery stores to fill the

                  • rose_herrera23
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 28, 2008
                      Dear Dave,

                      I appreciate your participation and the participation of so many
                      others. I would like to take a moment to explain some of the factors
                      that have prevented me from posting as often as you and others might
                      like. Foremost is, as you mentioned, the fact that I am a candidate
                      for City Council. I have never run for elected office before and am
                      learning just how large an effort running a campaign can be!

                      Another reason why I have not always posted information quickly is
                      that much of what I was able to gather was confidential, from
                      conversations with parties involved in the negotiations to replace
                      Lunardi's. Unfortunately it was necessary to keep this type of
                      information confidential until I received permission from all parties
                      to disclose it. I know this is frustrating for the general
                      membership, but it has been necessary in order to "keep our seat at
                      the table" and represent/ show the interests of the neighborhood in
                      the process.

                      I too am frustrated with the slow progress on putting up the gateway
                      signs, believe me, and I have been communicating this to Shapell.

                      F&E (Fresh &Easy) has not provided any details about why they did not
                      locate here except that the location didn't work for them. The
                      reason the April 23 meeting is important is that Shapell and the new
                      broker are going to go into detail about what they're doing to find a
                      new store and what they're doing to find other tenants. We will have
                      the opportunity to ask questions. Again, I understand that many
                      people are frustrated. I am too, however, I think it's very important
                      to keep lines of communication open with all of the stakeholders.

                      It's important, too, to keep showing our support for Evergreen
                      Village Square by patronizing the businesses and attending the
                      events. It's great that we can discuss and share information online,
                      but the Square is brick and mortar and in order for it to survive we
                      have to come out and support it. This is why I've encouraged people
                      to come to the steering committee meetings and participate. I
                      realize that not everyone has the time, but I will keep extending the
                      invitation.

                      If anybody would like to meet to discuss this further, I frequently
                      come down to Java Junction in the mornings. If you would like to set
                      a time to meet, I would ask that you contact me via my email address
                      at my campaign web site: rose@.... If you direct it
                      there instead of to the Yahoo group it will be much easier for me to
                      filter it out and be sure that I can be at Java Junction when you
                      request…

                      Thanks, Dave, and thanks for your interest in Involved Evergreen!

                      Rose Herrera
                      Chair
                      Involved Evergreen

                      --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "dzenker" <davezenker@...>
                      wrote:

> [...]
                      that
                      > > > our views about the development of Evergreen (and the Square)
                      > will be
                      > > > heard.
                      > > >
                      > > > In other words we want to PARTICIPATE in the process. We want
                      > be
                      > > > HEARD. The negative tone you are taking will take us in exactly
                      > the
                      > > > opposite direction. I put out an invitation to the wider group
                      > > > participate in the two efforts mentioned in the last paragraph;
                      > > > number of very interested and involved people showed up for that
                      > > > meeting and are working HARD to get us qualified for the grant
                      and
                      > > > N.A. status.
                      > > >
                      > > > You are welcome to participate and to help us put in effort to
                      get
                      > > > these things done and increase our group's influence in a

                    • Rameysh Ramdas
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 28, 2008

                        I have been passive thus far  in this discussion- I have never met Rose or know her personally-but I do proudly display a yard sign of hers . I am all for a candidate that has actually done something tangible for our community and then aspire for a public office. That is a rarity today when someone who with just a community organizing experience could run to be  our President. Rose has delivered to us- now, it is our turn to empower her to do more for us in Evergreen.

                        My vote is for Rose- who would be a worthy successor to Dave Cortese

                        Regards,

                        Rameysh

                        wrote:

> [...]
                        that
                        > > > our views about the development of Evergreen (and the Square)
                        > will be
                        > > > heard.
                        > > >
                        > > > In other words we want to PARTICIPATE in the process. We want
                        > be
                        > > > HEARD. The negative tone you are taking will take us in exactly
                        > the
                        > > > opposite direction. I put out an invitation to the wider group
                        > > > participate in the two efforts mentioned in the last paragraph;
                        > > > number of very interested and involved people showed up for that
                        > > > meeting and are working HARD to get us qualified for the grant
                        and
                        > > > N.A. status.
                        > > >
                        > > > You are welcome to participate and to help us put in effort to
                        get
                        > > > these things done and increase our group's influence in a

                      • k1drbar
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 29, 2008
                          Hmmm ... I thought this topic was not going to be discussed here ...

                          It is great to know that you have made your decision, but what do you
                          know of the other candidates? While I have met Rose and I agree that
                          she has some personal characteristics that would make her a worthy
                          choice, I must say that selecting a candidate solely on the basis of
                          what they have done for a marketplace with no consideration of the
                          characteristics of the other candidates is taking your
                          responsibilities lightly. I hope that at the very least you will
                          investigate the other candidates to reinforce your decision. Remember
                          that the city council is responsible for the entire city, not just D8.

                          BTW, links to the websites of all the candidates I am aware of are
                          listed on the EvergreenOpenForum yahoo group to help make your
                          research easier. There is only one candidate for whom I don't have a
                          link, and from reading the paper today, she is the one who has raised
                          the least amount of money for her campaign; perhaps she does not have
                          a website. That said, if anyone here knows the link please pass it
                          along.

                          Steve B
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/EvergreenOpenForum

                          --- In involvedevergreen@yahoogroups.com, "Rameysh Ramdas" wrote:

                          > I have been passive thus far in this discussion- I have never met
                          Rose or
                          > know her personally-but I do proudly display a yard sign of hers . I
                          am all
                          > for a candidate that has actually done something tangible for our
                          community
                          > and then aspire for a public office. That is a rarity today when
                          someone who
                          > with just a community organizing experience could run to be our
                          President.
                          > Rose has delivered to us- now, it is our turn to empower her to do
                          more for
                          > us in Evergreen.
                        • 3640
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 30, 2008
                            Rose,

                            I regret that I will be unable to attend the community meeting on
                            April 23 as I have a long standing commitment that evening. I'm the
                            Co-chair of the Santa Clara County School Board Association's
                            Hoffmann Awards Dinner. Unfortunately the dinner is scheduled for the
                            same time as your meeting.

                            Has any consideration been given to P & W as a potential market to
                            replace Lunardi's? The P & W in West San Jose is very upscale with a
                            good meat department, deli and bakery. I understood that they had an
                            interest before Lunardi's leased the site.

                            Sincerely,

                            Frank Biehl
                          • k1drbar
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 3, 2008
                              Today I learned that the way the community meeting would be conducted
                              would be using questions submitted before the meeting ... there will
                              be no questions from the floor. This most definitely addresses my
                              main concern, that the direction of the meeting would be influenced by
                              vocal individuals in the audience.

                              I hope that there will be instructions posted to this group on how the
                              questions may be submitted. It doesn't seem appropriate to post them
                              to the group, but I'd imagine that one way would be to e-mail them to
                              the moderator at involvedevergreen-owner@yahoogroups.com. Hopefully
                              there will be many questions submitted by the residents of the area.

                              Steve B
                            • Rameysh Ramdas
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 3, 2008

                                The fact is that we have a neighborhood champion and community organizer in Rose Herrera who has spent her energy and time  in bringing this meeting  together. To knit pick on the procedural formalities – is missing the point-  Involved Evergreen is the only and best community based endeavor to bring people together that I have ever seen.

                                I applaud the yeomen service of Rose Herrera for our community and hopefully her tireless efforts should get us traction in the Square.

                                Cheers,

                                Ra,eysh

                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 3, 2008
                                  Dear Involved Evergreen members,

                                  Steve and I had an impromptu meeting at Java this morning and I shared
                                  with him that we are planning to have questions submitted in writing
                                  for the April 23 community meeting. Steve's suggestion to submit them
                                  in advance is a good idea. There will also be an opportunity to submit
                                  questions at the meeting. If you would like to submit a question in
                                  advance. Please send them to the moderator at involvedevergreen-
                                  owner@yahoogroups.com as Steve suggested and we will begin to compile
                                  the questions.

                                  Thanks, Rose