Re: [involvedevergreen] Santa Cruz County looks to ban PG&E Smart Meters

  • Anne A
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hello Mike,
      Thank you for organizing the meeting.

      Will a PG&E representative(s) be present at this "public education panel"?  I've read newspaper articles mentioning PG&E have cancelled their appearance if the format  of the community meetings involves Q&A from the public.  How will Evergreen be educated by this panel?  Are Q&As allowed by the public?  Who will be sitting at this panel?

      Sincerely,
      Anne

      Santa Cruz County looks to ban PG&E Smart Meters From: pbdc1957
      View All Topics | Create New Topic
      Message

      1.

      Santa Cruz County looks to ban PG&E Smart Meters
      Posted by: "pbdc1957" michael_j_alvarado@...   pbdc1957
      Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:04 pm (PDT)

      Looks like PG&E is failing to be a trustworthy public utility according to the Santa Cruz County local government.

      http://www.mercuryn ews.com/top- stories/ci_ 15871668

      Going Evergreen will host a public education panel on this subject on September 22nd at 7PM at St. Francis of Assisi Church, 5111 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135

      Mike Alvarado
      Going Evergreen
      www.goingevergreen. org

      Apologies for the cross posting.

      Messages in this topic (1)

      Recent Activity
      Visit Your Group

      Yahoo! News
      Fashion News
      What's the word on
      fashion and style?

      Search Ads
      Get new customers.
      List your web site
      in Yahoo! Search.

      Stay on top
      of your group
      activity with
      Yahoo! Toolbar

      Need to Reply?
      Messages | Links

      MARKETPLACE

      Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

      Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

    • pbdc1957
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2 4:16 PM
        Hi Anne,

        I just posted panel details but a few quick answers.

        1. PG&E and Going Evergreen are hosting this meeting. You can rely on Going Evergreen to be sure the community questions are raised.
        2. The agenda includes audience questions
        3. I hope by the answers and the interaction and by who Going Evergreen has arranged to be on the panel that the public will be educated in a very effective manner.
        4. The panelists are listed in the other notice but rest assure that they are independent experts not on the payroll of PG&E. Going Evergreen has carefully selected the panelists. PG&E is aware of who Going Evergreen has selected but that are Going Evergreen picks. By extension they are selected by the community.

        Wish to attend? Please send e-mail to: mike@....

        PLEASE spread the word. Let's get good attendance at this meeting.

        Thanks.

        Mike Alvarado
        Going Evergreen