support BURMA freedom

  • Tenzin Tsundue
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Burma is ruled by one of the worst military dictatorships in the world. This
      week Buddhist monks and nuns began marching and chanting prayers to call for
      democracy. The protests spread and hundreds of thousands of Burmese people
      joined in -- they've been brutally attacked by the military regime, but
      still the protests are spreading.

      I just signed a petition calling on Burma's powerful ally China and the UN
      security council to step in and pressure Burma's rulers to stop the killing.
      The petition has exploded to over 200,000 signatures in a few days and is
      being advertised in newspapers around the world, delivered to the UN
      secretary general, and broadcast to the Burmese people by radio. We're
      trying to get to 1 million signatures this week, please sign below and tell
      everyone!

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/stand_with_burma/tf.php?cl_tf_sign=1
      Thank you for your help!

      tenzin tsundue