Notification by CBDT

  • Pradeep Esteves
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      Dear friends and colleagues,

      I received this mail today from FMSF, Delhi. The below mail is
      self-explanatory and I request you to kindly do the needful as it
      appears to be crucial and urgent. Many thanks,
      Warm regards
      Pradeep Esteves

      --------Mail from FMSF--------------

      S/MM/

      Dear colleagues and friends,

      Greetings from FMSF!

      Recently, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has come up with a
      notification seeking public comments regarding removal or continuance
      of exemptions and deductions under Income Tax Act, 1961. There are many
      such exemptions and deductions which apply to the voluntary sector. The
      notification can be viewed at
      http://incometaxindia.gov.in/archive/listofexemptionsunderI.T.Act1961.doc.

      The CBDT has given 5th July 06 as the deadline for receipt of comments
      on various tax provisions as contained in the notification.

      FMSF in cooperation with VANI has prepared a Memorandum of
      Representation (MOR) which is enclosed herewith for your reference. We
      would request you to send representations to CBDT at the following
      address/e-mail by 5th July, 06

      Ms. Anita Kapur, Joint Secretary
      TPL-I, Room No. 147-B/I,
      North Block,
      New Delhi
      e-mail: jstp11@...

      Ms. Monica Bhatia,
      Director, TPL-I,
      Room No. 147-D,
      North Block
      New Delhi
      e-mail: dirtp11@...

      Ms. Pragya S. Saxena,
      Director
      TPL -II
      Room No. 147-E
      North Block
      New Delhi
      E-mail: dirtp12@...

      You can use the 'MOR' drafted by us or you can draft your own
      memorandum. We will appreciate if you can keep us informed of the steps
      you are taking in this direction.

      Yours sincerely,

      Sanjay Patra
      Financial Management Service Foundation