Wellcome Trust International health ethics PhD fellowships | Deadline: March 15, 2011

  • OpenSpace
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011

      Please note. Please circulate widely:
      Dear all,

      It's that time of the year again when we're on the hunt for applications for
      our International Ethics PhD Studentships.  The website suggest a 1st March
      deadline for preliminary applications
      http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/Funding/Biomedical-ethics/International-ethics-grant-schemes/WTD003877.htm,
      but we'd be happy to give candidates until the middle of March.

      Candidates need to be low/middle income country (LMIC) nationals
      http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/Funding/International/wtdv026086.htm, and need to be
      proposing a piece of research within the remit of our International Ethics
      programme
      http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/Funding/Biomedical-ethics/International-ethics-grant-schemes/index.htm,
      leading to the award of a PhD registered through either a LMIC or a UK or
      Republic of Ireland institution.  They should not yet have started their PhDs.

      If you know of anybody who might be interested in applying, we'd love to hear
      from them!  They can find out more about the scheme via the above links.  I'd
      also be grateful if you could circulate this call widely.

      Many thanks and best regards,

      Jacob

      Jacob Leveridge
      Biomedical Ethics & Medical Humanities Adviser
      Wellcome Trust
      Gibbs Building
      215 Euston Road
      London NW1 2BE, UK
      T +44 (0)20 7611 8536
      F +44 (0)20 7611 8254
      E j.leveridge@...
      www.wellcome.ac.uk<http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/>

      We are a global charitable foundation dedicated to achieving extraordinary
      improvements in human and animal health. We support the brightest minds in
      biomedical research and the medical humanities. Our breadth of support includes
      public engagement, education and the application of research to improve health.
      We are independent of both political and commercial interests.

      The Wellcome Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales, no. 210183.
      Its sole trustee is The Wellcome Trust Limited, a company registered in England
      and Wales, no. 2711000 (whose registered office is at 215 Euston Road, London
      NW1 2BE, UK).