Invitation for screening of doc film on Kandhamal communal violence in Bhubaneswar

  • debaranjan sarangi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2010
      Join with anti-communal film screening programe

      Name of the film : Hinduru Hindutva Paryanta (from Hindu to Hindutva)

      Language : Oriya

      Duation : 45minutes

      Director : Debaranjan Sarangi

      Produced by : Pedestrian Pictures, Bangalore

      Date and Time : 1st August, 2010 (Sunday) at 6.30pm

      Venue :  Lohia Academy, just behind Chitrakut Ashram (Unit -9), Bhubaneswar

      Dear friends

      It is going to be two years of Kandhamal communal violence (August – September 2008). Even today the victims have not been able to construct their own houses and perpetrators are going without punishment.

      Remembering those black days of our history, I , on behalf of the team, am inviting you for the screening of my film HINDURU HINDUTVA PARYANTA (from Hindu to Hindutva). This film is based on Kandhamal violence of that time. I have tried to bring voices of victims and how the Sangha Parivar (including Laxmananda’s successor) was justifying the violence. Besides this, I have tried to address the role of police and administration (unexpected silence) at the time of violence and how earlier conflicts (like land issues and SC-ST conflict) were used to spread it.

      You can also join in the discussion after the screening.

      This will be on 1st August, 2010 at Lohia Academy, just behind Chitrakut Ashram (Unit – 9) at 6.30 pm. Duration of the film is 45minutes.

      I am expecting an early arrival at the venue.

      Yours,

      Debaranjan Sarangi

      (On behalf of the team)

      for more information : 9437762272 (Debaranjan). 9437019395(Sudhir Patnaik)