Indian NGO Award 2009 Call for Entries
- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: Indian NGO Award 2009 – Call for Entries
The Resource Alliance and the Rockefeller Foundation are pleased to invite applications for the India NGO Awards 2009. The Awards, as you may be aware were instituted in 2006 to recognise and felicitate those organisations that have demonstrated best practices in creative resourcing, financial management, governance and impact in the community.
Non Governmental Organisations from across the country are encouraged to send in their entries under one of the three categories based on their annual budget for 2008-09.
- Small: Annual budget under Rs 50 lakhs
- Medium: Annual budget between Rs 50 lakhs and Rs 5 crores
- Large: Annual budget over Rs 5 crores
Organisations will be evaluated on the effective and sustainable mobilisation of resources, the demonstration of efficient management of resources, good governance practices, transparency and accountability and the impact of the work in bringing about tangible benefits to its target communities.
· The three national winners in each category will receive a trophy and cash prize of Rs 4,00,000/- to be used “to strengthen their internal systems and processes.”
· All Regional Finalists will be profiled in a casebook, which will be widely disseminated.
· All Regional Finalists will be mentored by TIE members.
· All applicants will be invited to participate in customised workshops on resource mobilisation and related areas. Capacity building workshops are supported by SAIL.
Please find attached the brochure/entry form for the India NGO Awards 2009. You may also download the form from www.resource-alliance.org/awards. The last date for receiving entries is March 1, 2010. We would request you to kindly forward the same to all your partners who could suitably apply for the Award.
For any further information on the Awards please write to us at indiangoaward@....