25289Invitation for Nelathayi award programme 31st Dec Bengaluru

  • Vinay Baindur
    Dec 24, 2013

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Nandini K <Nandini.K@...>
    Date: Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    Subject: Invitation for Nelathayi award prog

    Dear friends,

    As most of us know, since 3 years SWARAJ is engaged in bringing to the limelight ordinary women’s journey in realizing social justice by awarding Nelathayi.  This year theme is “Enough is Enough Widow Oppression”.

    In this auspicious occasion Kamala Basin, well known international women movement activist, Dr.Banjagere Jayaprakash & Dr.Gayathri Navada  both are well known writer and subaltern cultural proponents share their valuable thoughts.

     As part of the program, three books on tribals will be released.  Out of this 2 will be on koraga tribal’s life experience and for the first time this is an effort of capturing the life experience in a positive way.  Just for information, Koraga community was recognized as primitive tribe in 1986 by the Government and this tribal group is continued to the victimization of inhuman practices by so called upper caste in this “Independent Nation”.

    We really feel proud to invite all for this joyful occasion.

    Please confirm your participation earlier so that we can take care of logistic arrangements.

    Warm regards,

    Anasuya, Ashok, Nandini & Neelaiah,

    Program team