25270making democracy work lok sabha / ls 2014 campaign - walkathon on 18/12/2013

  • Syed Tanveeruddin
    Dec 14, 2013
    8th Block, Koramangala Village, Bangalore/Bengaluru-560095
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 10:31:21 AM

    Subject: Making Democracy Work Lok Sabha (MDW LS) 2014 Campaign - Padayathre / Padayatre / Walkathon in Mysore on 18-12-2013 / 18-December-2013 / Wednesday, December 18, 2013

    Reference Link/URL: www.makingdemocracywork.in/mdwi/

    Date
    Starting Time
    Distance in Kms
    Starting Point
    Destination
    18-12-2013
    08:00 AM
    18 (17.3)
    Gun House Circle
    [In front of JSS Vidyapeeta]
    Jaypura / Jaipura
    23-12-2013

    20
    Periyapatna
    Ravandur

    I've condensed all the relevant details w.r.t. the walkathon in the above table.

    I have appropriately renamed the original document file that I have/had received as an email/e-mail attachment and have manually reformatted/realigned its contents by removing the unnecessary blank rows and have later converted the renamed and reformatted/realigned document file into a Portable Document Format (PDF) File so that the entire Tentative Plan for the Walkathon dated 18-12-2013 gets/got fitted into one single page instead of its/the earlier 02/two pages in the original document file.

    The renamed File name is Making Democracy Work (MDW) Walkathon or Padayathre Tentative Plan for 18-12-2013 18-Dec-2013

    I have also included the contents of the Tentative Plan for 18-12-2013 / 18-December-2013 as an inline text of this email/e-mail for an easier accessibility.

    Tanveer (Syed Tanveeruddin), Mysore / Bangalore/Bengaluru

    Negative voting required for a vibrant democracy: Supreme Court - Friday, September 27, 2013, 11:03 IST | Place: New Delhi | Agency: IANS

    On Friday, 13 December 2013 12:18 PM, Manoj Sebastien < manojsebastien@... > wrote:

    Dear All,

    As you are aware that Making Democracy Work - LS14 is a people's campaign aimed at bringing about awareness among the voters, reducing corruption, and engaging with political parties on issues of development in the run-up to the Parliamentary Elections of India scheduled to be held in 2014. The campaign is an attempt to strengthen democracy and facilitate bringing in good governance through a free and fair election process. The objectives of the campaign are

    1. To create awareness among the general public about democracy and importance of participation in elections.

    2. To engage with people from all sectors - Government, Corporate, NGOs - and make it a people led campaign.

    3. To motivate all young and new voters to register for voting and motivate them to vote.

    4. To engage with and sensitize the media towards playing a positive role in facilitating free and fair elections.

    5. To engage with political parties and advocate on including a people-centric, sustainable and holistic development agenda in their manifestos.

    The campaign was launched on October 22nd, 2013 and focused on voter enrollment till December 6th, 2013.

    An advisory committee of eminent personalities has been formed to guide and monitor MDW LS 14 Campaign. The Campaign is lead by Dr. R. Balasubramaniam [Please refer our website to find List of advisory committee members ] http://makingdemocracywork.in/mdwi/?page_id=331

    Now the team wants to engage with voters on issues of corruption in elections, fair elections, selecting the right candidates etc in this second phase.

    We have now planed a Padhayatra in Mysore on 18th and 23rd of December 2013

    On18th December 2013 we will start the Yatra from Gun house circle [in front of JSS Vidyapeeta] at 8 am covering 18 km to reach Jaypura, Mysore. [Route map attached.]

    On 23rd December 2013 we will have the Yatra in Periyapatna to Ravandur [20 KM]

    We invite to attend this Yatra by walking with us for creating awareness in general public, we also request you to send volunteers, friends, staff, students to this Padhayatra and help us reach more people. Kindly confirm your participation by 16th of December 2013 (16-12-2013 / 16-December-2013, Monday, December 16, 2013) so that we can plan better

    For more details visit our website www.makingdemocracywork.in/mdwi/ please be free to contact me for clarification and support at 0-99725-28007

    Note: We don't support any political parties.

    Please find attached schedule

    Thanking you,

    Manoj Sebastien

    Deputy Director-Programs,
    Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development (V-LEAD)
    ( Unit of Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement)
    # CA-2, KIADB Industrial Housing Area,
    Hebbal Ring Road, Mysore-570016 Karnataka
    Tel-Fax: 91-821-2415412 / 2304986, Mob: +91-99725-28007,

    Sri Shivarathreshwara Circle [Gun House Circle], Opposite To JSS Vidyapeeta To Jaypura
    Padayatra / Padayathra Tentative schedule on  18/12/2013 / 18-12-2013 / 18-December-2013 /

    Sl No.
    Name of the Village
    Kms
    Time
    Activities
    1
    Sri Shivarathreshwara Circle
    0
    8.00 am to 8.20 am
    Inauguration and sharing the common vision.
    Distribution of Handouts Posters and Stickers.
    2
    Agrahara
    0.2 km
    8.20 am to 8.30 am
    Distribution of Handouts Posters and Stickers.
    3
    Siddappa Square
    0.6 km
    8.30 am to 8.50 am
    Distribution of Handouts Posters and Stickers
    4
    Nanjumalige
                1.2 km
    8.50 am to 9.30 am
    Distribution of Handouts Posters and Stickers.
    Songs and Public Speaking
    5
    NIE College
    1 km
    9.30 am to 9.40 am
    Distribution of Handouts Posters and Stickers.

                    Breakfast  at NIE college
    9.40 am to 10 am
    6
    Nachanahalli Palya
    2 km
    10 am to 10.30 am
    Distribution of Handouts, Posters and Stickers.
    7
    Shivapura
    0.8 km
    10.30 am to 11.00 am
    Distribution of Handouts, Posters and Stickers.
    8
    Parasainahundi
    0.4 km
    11.00. am to 11.30 am
    Distribution of Handouts, Posters and Stickers.
    Street Play and Public Speaking.
    9
    Kotehundi
    1.3 km
    11.30 am to 12.00 pm
    Distribution of Handouts, Posters and Stickers,
    10
    Udboor
    2.9 km
    12.00 pm to 1.00 pm
    Distribution of Handout Posters and Stickers.
    Street Play and Public Speaking.
    11
    D. Salundi
    1.3 km
    1.00 pm to 1.30 pm
    Distribution of Handouts, Posters, Stickers and
    Public Speaking.
    12
     Lunch-  Doddahundi Muruda Basaveshwara Temple
    1.30 to 2.30 pm
    13
    Doddahundi
    1 km
    2.30 pm to 3.00 pm
    Distribution of Handouts, Posters and Stickers.
    14
    Daripura
    1 km
    3.00  pm to 3.30 pm
    Distribution of Handouts, Posters and Stickers.
    Street Play
    15
    Baradanapura
    1.4 km
    3.30 pm to 4.00 pm
    Distribution of Handouts, Posters and Stickers.
    Public Speaking
    16
    Jaypura
    2.8 km.
    Total 17.3 km
    4.00 pm to 5.00 Pm
    5 pm to 6 pm
    Distribution of Posters, stickers
    Street Play, Stage Program and Public Speaking

    The contents both inside and outside the above table have been painstakingly and manually realigned and reformatted by Tanveer (Syed Tanveeruddin), Mysore / Bangalore / Bengaluru (in his personal / individual capacity) by removing unnecessary blank rows.

    The above link to the yahoo group is independent of the Walkathon and is in no way connected / linked either to any of the events / campaigns and/or its/their official / unofficial sponsors.

    - Tanveer (Syed Tanveeruddin), Mysore / Bangalore / Bengaluru