Welcome aboard

  • Chip
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 1998
      Well, as this list gets started up and more and more people subscribe,
      I'll be posting occasional welcomes. I'm Chip, the list moderator. So to
      start the discussion rolling, I would like people's opinions as to whom
      the Blind Chessman is. Mine is forthcoming.

      | Chip | http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~rg259095/|

      [The English] are the most tribal group
      of people on the planet. They hate one
      another and they're stuck on this f---ing
      little island. That's why they went out
      and created an empire. Anyone with any
      energy had to get out of this place and
      kill somebody else. So they've invented this
      veneer of civilization, but it's only to keep
      them from killing each other.

      Terry Gilliam

      http://www.salonmagazine.com/ent/movies/int/1998/06/05int.html
    • smotlock
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2002
        --- In invisibles@y..., Chip <rg259095@o...> wrote:

        > Well, as this list gets started up and more and more people
        subscribe,
        > I'll be posting occasional welcomes. I'm Chip, the list
        moderator.

        Did you ever think this list would be this successful or long lived,
        Chip?

        shane m.
        just thought it would be cool and Hal-like to respond to the first
        Invisilist post
      • Chip Grimshaw
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 2002

          Hell no. Considering this whole thing started as a lark decided having
          lunch at a bar between classes after reading some annotations the night
          before at work, it's gone into so many interesting things. And since I'm
          still not fully conscious this morning (even after being up for 3.5 hours),
          I'll just do the standard "luv ya guys and gals" shiznit, esp after last
          year. Now if I can just find all the back issues that got eaten by my old
          apartment's demon...

          Chip Grimshaw
          http://whytry.cc

          One of the many major problems with governing people is that of who you get
          to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it.
          ---