Re: I, Robot

  • Danny
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 1 9:41 AM
      > I'd like to see an INTELLIVOICE version of Berzerk. That would be
      something else. ;)

      Damn right it would! My friend showed it to me on an A***i 2600 and
      I busted out laughing, it's so awful. I was surprised to see Pole
      Position was available for Inty, I never knew that, and I loved the
      arcade version, especially PP2. Has anyone played it?
    • Joe Zbiciak
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 1 11:14 AM
        Danny [dparrot1@...] wrote:
        | I was surprised to see Pole
        | Position was available for Inty, I never knew that, and I loved the
        | arcade version, especially PP2. Has anyone played it?

        It's nothing to write home about. It was one of the INTV Corp.
        productions, but not one of their better ones. Worse than the arcade
        version, it's pointlessly hard, mostly due to insufficient 'ahead'
        view. A specific Intellivision problem was that it had a game pace
        that was ahead of the unit's responsiveness. I think if they had
        slowed it down maybe 10% that would've helped. Also increasing the
        ahead view somewhat would also help.

        If I'm remembering correctly, I believe Mark Urbaniec actually talked
        about writing it on the Intellivision Lives! CD in one of the taped
        interviews they did. If I am remembering the right interview, he said
        he had a Pole Position arcade unit in his home for some time so he
        could get the feel of the arcade game.

        Regards,

        --Joe

        Joseph Zbiciak http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/ Not your average "Joe"
        R$+@$=W <-- sendmail.cf {$/{{.+ <-- modem noise
        !@#!@@! <-- Mr. Dithers swearing Zbiciak <-- Joe's last name
        --------- Program Intellivision! http://SDK-1600.spatula-city.org/ ----------
      • Arnauld Chevallier
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 1 11:28 AM
          --- In intvprog@yahoogroups.com, "Danny" <dparrot1@e...> wrote:

          > I was surprised to see Pole Position was available for Inty,
          > I never knew that, and I loved the arcade version, especially
          > PP2. Has anyone played it?

          The Inty version is not outstanding. A thread about Inty car
          games was previously initiated by Joe Z on this list:

          I'm convinced the Intellivision is powerful enough to render a
          more decent game. My 2-second 'Mad Drivin' demo was an attempt
          to demonstrate that. Since attached documents are not available
          anymore on Yahoo Groups, below is a link to this demo:

          http://knox.ac.free.fr/intv/mad_drivin/mad.zip

          Yes, I do intend to complete this game.
          No, don't ask me when. :-)

          Arnauld