SLOVIOSKI PHRASES

  • SteevenR
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009

      SLOVIOSKI PHRASES

      A series of four (4) PDF and JPG files have been uploaded to the FILES folder (left column of screen).  They may also be linked here

      These each contain a series of PHRASES in SLOVIOSKI, English, Croatian and Polish, to provide examples of common phrases in SLOVIOSKI.

      These were originally in "EXCEL" table formats.

      If you wish to have a copy of the original EXCEL file, please email me at:

      steeven@...

      and I will foward it to you.

      These are an initial set of 99 phrases. We have a total of about 1,000 - which currently are only translated into POLISH and SLOVIOSKI.  As the Croatian and English translations are added, these too will be posted.

      Ultimately, we will post an interactive system to the website, which is still being developed, along with the TRANSLATION ENGINE.

      Blagodarim vam!

      Thank you!

    • SteevenR
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009
        This is a test, to see if the accented letters of Sovioski and other Slavic languages will appear in  the Yahoo published forum.
        This page may be deleted in the future.

        The order is:

        Slovioski
        English
        Polish
        Croatian

        Kak ti imeniĹĄ?
        What's your name?
        Jak się nazywasz?
        Kako se ti zoveĹĄ?/Kako ti je ime?

        Ja imenim Jan Smit
        My name is John Smith.
        Nazywam się Jan Kowalski.
        Ja se zovem Ivan Babić/Ime mi je Ivan Babić

        Kak ti jeseĹĄ? Kak vam? Kak tobe? Kak te?
        How are you?
        Jak się masz?
        Kako si?

        Dobruo, hvala!
        Fine, thanks.
        Świetnie, dziękuję.
        Dobro, hvala

        Velme dobruo! Velmuo dobre!
        Very well.
        Bardzo dobrze.
        Veoma dobro!

      • SteevenR
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009
          The first "test" page of combined Slavic letters worked for me in both INTERNET EXPLORER and GOOGLE CHROME - although I did have to reset my ENCODING for "IE" to "Unicode UTF-8".
          My Google Chrome browser is already permanently set in UTF-8, so no adjustment was necessary.
          ____________________
          SLOVIOSKI PHRASES #6 - #15:

          The order is:

          Slovioski
          English
          Polish
          Croatian

          Kak on imeni?
          What's his name?
          Jak on się nazywa?
          Kako se on zove?/Kako mu je ime?

          Kak ona imeni?
          What's her name?
          Jak ona się nazywa?
          Kako se ona zove?/Kako joj je ime?

          On imeni Jacob Smit
          His name is James Smith
          On się nazywa Janusz Kowalski
          On se zove Jakov Babić/Ime mu je Jakov Babić

          Ona imeni Marta
          Her name is Marta
          Ona ma na imię Marta
          Ona se zove Marta/Ime joj je Marta

          Otkud ti jeseĹĄ? Otkud jeseĹĄ?
          Where are you from?
          Skąd jesteś?
          Otkuda si ti?/Otkuda ti dolaziĹĄ?

          Otkud on jese?
          Where's he from?
          Skąd on jest?
          Otkuda je on?/Otkuda on dolazi?

          Otkud ona jese?
          Where's she from?
          Skąd ona jest?
          Otkuda je ona?/Otkuda ona dolazi?

          Ĺ to jes tvoj rob?
          What's your job?
          Jaki jest twĂłj zawĂłd?
          Koji je tvoj posao?

          Ĺ to jes jego rob?  Ĺ to jese jego rob?
          What's his job?
          Jaki jest jego zawĂłd?
          Koji je njegov posao?

          Ĺ to jes/jese jej rob?
          What's her job?
          Jaki jest jej zawĂłd?
          Koji je njezin posao?

        • Michal Borovicka
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
            some lettera are not visible or looks weird

            stefane can u send me last slovnik
            i go to letter D

            2009/12/8 SteevenR <steevenusx@...>

            The first "test" page of combined Slavic letters worked for me in both INTERNET EXPLORER and GOOGLE CHROME - although I did have to reset my ENCODING for "IE" to "Unicode UTF-8".
            My Google Chrome browser is already permanently set in UTF-8, so no adjustment was necessary.
            ____________________
            SLOVIOSKI PHRASES #6 - #15:

            The order is:

            Slovioski
            English
            Polish
            Croatian

            Kak on imeni?
            What's his name?
            Jak on siÄ nazywa?
            Kako se on zove?/Kako mu je ime?

            Kak ona imeni?
            What's her name?
            Jak ona siÄ nazywa?
            Kako se ona zove?/Kako joj je ime?

            On imeni Jacob Smit
            His name is James Smith
            On siÄ nazywa Janusz Kowalski
            On se zove Jakov BabiÄ /Ime mu je Jakov BabiÄ

            Ona imeni Marta
            Her name is Marta
            Ona ma na imiÄ Marta
            Ona se zove Marta/Ime joj je Marta

            Otkud ti jeseĹĄ? Otkud jeseĹĄ?
            Where are you from?
            SkÄ d jesteĹ ?
            Otkuda si ti?/Otkuda ti dolaziĹĄ?

            Otkud on jese?
            Where's he from?
            SkÄ d on jest?
            Otkuda je on?/Otkuda on dolazi?

            Otkud ona jese?
            Where's she from?
            SkÄ d ona jest?

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
              Michal - You must change your ENCODING while you are looking at the YAHOO PAGE with the Slavic accented bukvi - to "UNICODE UTF-8"
              or
              We must write with "x" instead of haceks (Yahoo apparently does not automatically set its encoding to the displayed language)

              Dolzx cxtobi zmenisx svoj ENCODING hvila zlgedisx na Yahoo stranice so slovianskimi aksentovimi bukvami - do "UNICODE UTF-8"
              ale
              Dolzxime pisat so "x" zamestuo hacxekami (Yahoo ocxevidnuo ne automaticxnuo nastavi svojo sxifrenie na prikazanij jazik). :-s