Kamala Yoga and Meditation Centre

  • Simona Kamala
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2008
      I am happy to invite you at our Hridaya Retreat.
      May the sacred tremor of The Heart enlighten our lives!

      Simona Trandafir
      Yoga teacher
      Kamala Yoga and Meditation Centre

      This is our official anouncement:

      Yoga Retreat - Meditation - Arcus 2008

      Kamala Yoga and Meditation Centre organise:

      Hridaya Retreat - A Silent Meditation Retreat for the Revelation of the Spiritual Heart

      27 December 2008 - 4 January 2009, Arcus, (near Sf. Gheorghe, at European Study Center , Romania

      This special retreat focuses on the Revelation of the Spiritual Heart, our real and essential nature, the supreme and divine Self, atman. During this immersion retreat, we will address broad aspects of the Spiritual Heart, from a variety of traditions including Christian esoteric, Sufi and Kashmir Shaivist traditions.

      You will have English translation.

      The program aims to create an experience most resembling a solitary retreat (as in a cave, for example) with the intention to provide attendees with an opportunity to reach deep inner states of consciousness, intense aspiration for the Divine, and highly focused interiorization for the awakening and blossoming of the soul, jîva-âtman. This method is a unique integration of Advaita Vedanta, Sufism, Tantra and Dzogchen.

      This retreat is led by yoga teacher Claudiu Trandafir, whose meditation, for years now, has been dedicated to the Revelation of the Spiritual Heart through Love and the opening of the soul. Claudiu, an electronic engineer by education, was formerly a professor at the University of Parapsychology in Bucharest, Romania. He has been a Yoga teacher for 22 years, specializing in solitary cave retreats, following the example of Ramana Maharshi and other Jnâna Yoga masters. After years of solitary retreats followed by spiritual accomplishment, in 2002 Claudiu began to guide groups of people using this method. He has led this special retreat for more than 1000 participants across Europe over the last six years. During the last year he has lead this retreat in Thailand in each month at Agama yoga school.

      During these years, Claudiu has developed a method that gradually cultivates in participants the following attitudes:

      1. An inner awareness of all sensory perceptions and emotions which will gradually become, through sublimation, an awareness of the Spiritual Heart;

      2. The calming down of the mind (a state of peace of mind;

      3. The polarization between the individual soul and the divine Self, âtman, that is experienced as a state of very strong and profound aspiration and longing for God;

      4. The evocation of death of the physical body as a way of transcending desires and egotistical tendencies;

      5. The act of powerfully evoking and experiencing the mystery of God’s presence inside our Hearts.

      To support the retreat, complete mauna (silence) must be maintained by all attendees. An atmosphere full of love and aspiration will be created in which participants can surrender to their real and essential nature.

      This retreat includes advice for guided meditation, lectures, and practical methods such as:

      • Ramana Maharshi’s method of introspection (Self-inquiry, âtma vicâra, using the question "Who Am I?"

      • Techniques of stilling the mind using breath control

      • Study of the symbolism of the Spiritual Heart

      • Methods of Self-centering in everyday life

      • Advice for maintaining awareness of the Spiritual Heart, in the tradition of the Fathers of the Desert (from Christianity)

      • The Christian method of the Prayer of the Heart

      • A proper understanding of Advaita Vedânta’s fundamental principles

      • Methods of passing from individual consciousness to Cosmic Consciousness

      • The four fundamental stages in the process of the Revelation of the Spiritual heart

      • Daily special meditations on themes connected with Self-Revelation

      • Yogic methods that approach the issue of the Spiritual Heart

      • Poetry

      • Hatha Yoga sessions

      Administrative Information

      The opening meeting of the retreat will be held Saturday, 27th of December 2008 at 16:00. During this meeting will be explained guidelines for participants, some general principles of the retreat and will be a first meditation. All administrative details will be resolved in the evening, so that when the camp will begin Sunday, 28th of December, the following 7 days will be devoted exclusively for meditation and interiorization. The end of the retreat will be Saturday, 3rd of January 2009 after the meditation of the afternoon, when they will share experiences lived in this period. Sunday morning, on 4th of January 2009 will be the last meeting for questions and answers.

      The program will be of approximately 10 hours per day (approx. 6.5 hours for meditations, 2 hours for lectures and for reading inspiration texts, and 1.5 hours for Hatha Yoga practice), with two breaks (for lunch and dinner).
      Accommodation is in rooms of two seats.
      The menu is lacto-ovo-vegetarian; there are 2 meals a day (lunch and dinner).

      The daily program of the Hridaya Retreat - A Silent Meditation Retreat for the Revelation of the Spiritual Heart

      8.00 - 10.00 - meditation
      10.00 - 11.15 - lecture
      11.15 - 12.00 - guided Hatha Yoga session
      12.00 - 12.30 - meditation
      12.30 - 15.30 - break
      15.30 - 18.30 - meditation
      18.30 - 19.30 - Hatha Yoga individual session
      19.30 - 21.00 - break
      21.00 - 22.30 - Special daily meditation (Meditation will be preceded by a short lecture presenting the topic of that day.

      Your participation at this retreat is free.

      Accommodation and meals for 8 days/person: 250 euro.

      You must pay in advance, until November 30, 2008

      Contact us: contact@...,
      or by phone + 40 731.32.42.41 or + 40 268 360 424.

      Registrations are done in the limits of the places.

      Retreat location: Arcus 45° 54' North, 25° 46' East

      European Study Center, Arcus, near Arcus Castle (str. Benedek Elek, nr.493), 6 km to Sf. Gheorghe town, Covasna County.

      Public transportation:
      - The train from Bucharest to Brasov station

      - The train from Brasov to St. George, on the CFR route Brasov - Ciceu
      - Bus on route Saint George - Arcus, departing from the bus station Saint George (there are 6 runs daily).

      May the sacred tremor of The Heart enlighten our lives!