IYENGAR and WORLD YOGA CUP

  • preeyegirl@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2012
      Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

      Ram�matti Iyengar Memortaf Yoga Institute

      .......... As such there is nothing wrong in holding a competit�on on the
      qualitative presentation of the yoga�asanas.

      The judges also should have a good background practically on the
      subject for right and impartial judegment.

      According to Lord Patanjali, the competitors should have a perfect
      body, consisting of beauty and form, grace and lovliness and ability in
      attracting people towards its practice, strength and their bodies hard
      and shining like a diamond and soft as a flower according to the situations

      RUPA LAVANYA BALA VAJRA SAMHANATVANI KAYASAMPAT III.47

      They should be thorough compactness and thorough integration
      of oneness from the Self to the Skin and from the Skin to the Self as a
      single unit involving the body, senses of perception, mind, intelligence, consciousness and conscience.

      One who presents with these required qualities should be
      declared as a winner. Their presentation must be very natural with
      innocence and humility rather than pride and arrogance. Then I
      consider such comptietions as healthy. It should be competit�on on the
      artistic level and not on body cult.

      I Wish all the participants good luck by keeping up the commands
      as advised by our great Sage Patanjali in their presentations.

      B. K. S. Iyengar
    • Rajesh kumar guru rajeshji
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2012

        --