happy new 2011

  • regina padma rintchen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2010

      May all beings be happy and free and may all our thoughts and actions contribute for their happiness and freedom in some way!

      Our warmest seasonal greetings for you all and wishes for a brilliant 2011 in the Earth!!!

      All classes back from the 4th Jan in Netherton and Orton Waterville in UK and 3rd Jan in Brazil
      Regina Padma Rintchen
      ana regina perrusi do amaral
      www.dharmayoga.com.br

      --

      regina padma rintchen
      ana regina perrusi do amaral
      www.dharmayoga.com.br

    • Associazione Yogananda
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2011
        Happy New Year Dears!
        Buon Nuovo Anno!

        Grazia Magistà
        Hon. Secretary for Italy
        Director Yoga Alliance International
        President Associazione Yogananda

        Associazione Yogananda-member of International Yoga Federation
        Yoga Alliance International sede Italiana
        Corsi di formazione RYT 200 e RYT 500 certificati Yoga Alliance
        via Imbriani n.64
        70016 Noicattaro (BA)
        tel 3887575316
        www.centroyogabari.com

        "La mente e' la creatrice di tutto.Dovremmo guidarla per creare solo il bene.Se vi attaccate ad un certo pensiero con la forza dinamica della volonta', esso assume alla fine una tangibile forma esteriore.Quando sarete in grado di utilizzare la vostra forza di volonta'sempre per scopi costruttivi, voi diventerete i costruttori del vostro destino"
        Paramahansa Yogananda "La legge del successo"

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2011
          To.,
          Dear Once.

          Thanks and happy new year to you,your family members and followers.

          Aum Sweet Aum.

          With Regards.
          Yours.
          YOGI INDIA.
          "yogiji"'Jayantilal Patel.
          B.Sc.,LL.B.,B.J.M.C.,DDY&CE.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
            The Eight Techniques or Steps in Yoga by Dharmachari Swami Maitreyananda
            translated into English by Ma Shakti Devi, direct disciple

            1) Yamas
            2) Niyamas
            3) Asana (Dhyanasana, Yogasana,)
            4) Pranayama (energy control)
            5) Pratiahara (sensory introspection)
            6) Dharana (concentration)
            7) Dhyana (meditation)
            8) Samadhi (fullness)

            Code of Ethics in Yoga
            1) No harming, no killing physically or mentally of any living being (ahimsa, non-violent attitude)
            2) Affirm the truth in thought, discourse, and action (satya, truthfulness)
            3) No stealing (asteya)
            4) Discipline, organizing the various impulses and desires (brahmacharya, discipline to be master of oneself)
            5) Not coveting the materials, characteristics, or powers of others without earning them your self. Not accepting unnecessary gifts or help from people with doubtful motives. Making the energy of the world to circulate in a way that makes happiness. Not hoarding. (aparigrapha)
            6) Observe external and internal purity,: cleaning the body, the home, the practice space, the mind, and the feelings. (Saucha)
            7) Cultivate the spirit of contentment. Do not multiply desire for more material goods or powers. (santosha)
            8) Train yourself to handle changes in climate, and reversals of fortune. (tapas, austerity)
            9) Study the texts of spiritual wisdom with devotion (swadhyaya, reading the scriptures)
            10) Remember the Absolute at all times and surrender your self to the Greater Will. (Ishwarapranidhana, love of God)

            The Three Intelligences

            No human being is actually material, intellectual, or spiritual; rather, we are all the three of these at the same time. But when we vulgarly say that someone is intellectual or spiritual, we are unconsciously referring to the intelligence that this individual has most developed. We all have one these three intelligences more developed than the others and of course we have one of these three intelligences that is disabled. To be mentally intelligent does not mean that we are spiritually intelligent; an intellectual person is not necessarily happy. To be happy and content, one needs to develop spiritual intelligence. And this is the goal of Yoga.

            We must examine three ideas that psychology has taken directly from Yoga and Buddhism:

            1) Emotional Intelligence allows us to adapt our emotions to our environments by examining ourselves from the inside. It allows us to understand how we really feel in determined situations.
            2) Affective Intelligence allows us to understand the feelings and emotions of others and to adapt ourselves to these.
            3) Spiritual Intelligence is the sum of the first two, and the result is our spirituality, which allows us to adapt in order to live our own lives.

            A person gifted with Spiritual Intelligence is usually relaxed, content, happy, or glad. On the other hand, someone with disabled Spiritual Intelligence usually seems tense, dissatisfied, sad, anxious, or anguished. Someone who was born with Spiritual Intelligence only has to use it at will, but for someone who was born without this intelligence needs to learn how to develop it. For this reason, Yoga exists.

            Dharmachari Swami Maitreyananda
            http://www.aurobindosivananda.org/
            translated into English by Ma Shakti Devi, direct disciple

            The International School of Yoga of International Society of Integral Yoga - Aurobindo Sivananda Ashram�, was founded in 1934 in Montevideo, Uruguay by Swami Asuri Kapila. The H.Q. are now in Buenos Aires City, Argentina