YOGA WORLD'S DAY - JUNE, 21 - SOLSTICE
- LISBON HOSTS ANOTHER GREAT CELEBRATION OF YOGA'S WORLD DAY
SOLSTICE 21ST. JUNE - 1º DE MAIO STADIUM 11h a.m.
Lisbon will host, on Solstice day 21st. June Sunday, another Great Celebration of Yoga's World Day. Practitioners, sympathizers and curious are invited to participate in a Mega Yoga Class, to celebrate a Day for World Peace, for the end of hunger and thirst and for the fainting of world inequalities. The information has been given by the organization, on behalf of Federação Lusa do Yoga (Yoga Portuguese Federation), Associação Lusa do Yoga (Yoga Portuguese Association) and Confederação Portuguesa do Yoga (Yoga Portuguese Confederation) .
Yoga's World Day is a candidate, at the United Nations and UNESCO, for First World Holliday, according to the initiative of the Associação Lusa do Yoga (Yoga Portuguese Association) . Celebrated since 2001, it gathers the main National political parties, the representatives of the most important religions in the world and the most renowned Yoga Schools in Portugal and in the World. This project, due to its noble objectives, gathers in the same event the support of several National and International Personalities, of all sectors of the society.
Several Personalities are expected to attend the ceremonies of this day:
1. Her Excellency the Ambassador of India
2. Representative of India Government
3. United Nations Representative
4. Main National political parties
5. Representatives of the most important religions in the world
6. Mayor of Lisboa Town Hall
7. Keivalyadhama Yoga Institute, from Lonavala (the sole Yoga entity aknowledged and supported by India Government)
8. Shivananda Áshrama
9. President of the Yoga Teachers Dutch Federation and the President of the Yoga European Council;
10. Hindu Community
11. National Yoga Schools
12. Buddhist Union Association of Portugal
13. Brahma Kumaris
14. Hare Krshna
Like the previous years, ALYO will grant the Sergio Vieira de Mello Award. This award distinguishes, yearly, the work done on behalf of Fair Globality, Inter-Ethnic Equality and Fraternity.
Several activities are being prepared for this day:
- Mega Yoga Class for adults
- Yoga Class for Children
- Performance by the Advanced Yoga Demonstration Group TÁNDAVA
- Hindu Tradicional Dances
- Performance by the Orchestra-Choir OMKÁRA
The Associação Lusa do Yoga - ALYO / Yoga Sámkhya, is an Institute that teaches Yoga in more than a thousand Yoga Centers Ashram distributed by 50 cities around Portugal, and whose Chairman Jorge Veiga e Castro, Yoga Master is also its founder and mentor, and one of the living Yoga Masters more renowned worldwide.
This Event is supported by Câmara Municipal de Lisboa (Lisbon City Council), INATEL, PRO DIGNITATE Foundation, Fundação da Juventude (Youth Foundation), Instituto Português da Juventude (Portuguese Institute for Youth) and the Hindu Community in Portugal.
Entrance to the "1º de Maio Stadium" is free!
For more information, please contact:
Federação Lusa do Yoga - FLY
Tel. + 351 217 802 810
Av. 5 de Outubro, 70 Gal. Esq. 1050 059 Lisboa