Fundraising for victims of the Himalayan floods

(2629)
  • Satchidananda
    Sep 25, 2013 Expand Messages

      Namaste IYF Yahoo group members

      I request that you send the following announcement to all members of the yahoo.com group of the International Yoga Federation

      Thankyou,

      Marshall Govindan Satchidananda

      Life Member, World Council of Advisors

      International Yoga Federation

      Subject: Fundraising to bring relief to victims of floods in the Himalayas

      Since January 17, when the first catastrophic rains destroyed Kedarnath, and killed thousands of pilgrims and residents in the Garwhal Himalayas,  Babaji’s Kriya Yoga Trust in India has been bringing assistance to the victims of the floods in the Himalayas.   Rohit Naithani, who is our Badrinath ashram manager, and Advisory member of the Trust’s Board, has been authorized to distribute the contributions collected by the Trust to victims of the recent floods.

      During the first few days after the catastrophic rains, he distributed biscuits to more than 5,000 persons every day, who were stranded in Badrinath, where the road to the outside world was destroyed completely along a stretch of 4.5 km between it and Joshimutt.

      Since that time we have raised nearly $15,000.  Rohit will distribute all of these funds in the form of individual Demand Drafts to selected persons on the list of persons who have lost their homes in the areas between Joshimutt and Badrinath. The Uttarkhand government has prepared a list of persons whose homes have been destroyed, and who are now living in camps in Joshimutt.

      Request for contributions

      We request that during the coming days, weeks and months, you send contributions:

      If you are in India

      Send it to Babaji’s Kriya Yoga Trust,  mentioning that it is for the purpose of bringing aid to the victims of this catastrophe, particularly the villagers in the vicinity of Badrinath and Joshimutt, whose homes and agricultural fields have been washed away by the floods. You may do so by bank transfer to:

      Name of the Bank: Punjab National Bank. Name of the Branch: St. Peters Pontifical Seminary Name of the Account: Babaji’s Kriya Yoga Trust

      Account Type: Savings. Account Number: 126 10 10 1000 544 76 RTGS / NEFT Code: PUNB 046 2500

      Or  by Demand Draft or cheque payable to “Babaji’s Kriya Yoga Trust,” sent to the Trust’s ,

      Postal address: Babaji’s Kriya Yoga Post Box No. 5608 Malleshwaram West Bangalore 560 055 India

      For further clarification contact our Bangalore ashram manager, Vinod Kumar at his cell: 98.45.66.1221 or e-mail: vinod@...

      Or Bangalore ashram Phone: (00) (91)-(0)80-235.60.252

      If you are outside of India

      You may make your contribution in one of the following ways:

      1. By credit card at our website: http://www.babajiskriyayoga.net/english/kriya-yoga-contribution.htm or by calling telephone +1-450-297-0258; in North America the toll free number: 1-888-252-9642.

      2. For persons in North America, by sending a cheque payable to “Babaji’s Kriya Yoga Order of Acharyas” to Babaji’s Kriya Yoga, 196 Mountain Road, P.O. Box 90, Eastman, Quebec, J0E 1P0 Canada   For more information write to info@...;

      3. For persons in Europe, by bank transfer to: “Marshall Govindan,” Deutsche Bank International,, BLZ 50070024, Account number 0723106, IBAN DE09500700240072310600, BIC/SWIFT DEUTDEDBFRA

      Please mention that it is a contribution for the victims of the floods in the Himalayas

      Any amount of contribution by you will be gratefully received, acknowledged with a receipt, and given to victims of these floods within the coming weeks and months.

      On our ashram website: www.babajiskriyayoga.in  “News and Notes” page we will continue to report on developments pertaining to distribution of aid to victims in the vicinity of Badrinath.

      For those who have never been to these areas, let me just say that much of the population who live here are the descendants of yoga rishis who have performed tapas for thousands of years in the valleys of the Alakananda River. This includes Vyasa, the author of the Mahabharata, whose cave, Vyasa Gufa, is situated in Mana, just above Badrinath. We must all do what we can to support them now, before winter comes. Please be generous

      Yours sincerely,

      Marshall Govindan (“Satchidananda”)

      President, Babaji’s Kriya Yoga Trust (Bangalore and Badrinath)  (Registered charitable organization in India)

      Babaji’s Kriya Yoga Order of Acharyas, Inc. (registered, tax exempt charitable organization in Canada, USA, and Sri Lanka)

      Babaji’s Kriya Yoga and Publications, Inc.