1241Re: [internationalyogafederation] Yoga therapy certification Program June 17-July 2 and August 4-22

  • RMIYA@earthnet.net
    Jun 4, 2009
      Dear Kamini,
      WE run our Yoga therapy course every year around the same time
      There are accomodations for any one who needs them.
      The cost of the housing and food this year is $55 a day
      for all vegetarian and gluten free meals for lunch and dinner.
      since we are running our 500 hour Yoga teacher training at the same
      time, there will be liquid foods before meditation in the mornings.
      I am sorry, i did not see this email until now. Below is a
      description of our
      500 hour Yoga teacher training as well. the first half of our Yoga
      Therapy program is also part of our 500 hour yoga teacher training.
      please send further enquiries to info@...
      Namaste Dona

      Quoting Kamini <kashante@...>:

      the Rocky Mountain Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda is honored to present:
      our
      500-Hour
      Yoga Teacher Training Program

      26 days of training offered in two training segments,
      daily 6:30-10:30 and 12:30-
      Professional training which is:6:30

      genuine in its traditions,
      sound in its teaching methodology
      broad in its perspective
      Taught by ERYT-500s and established senior Yoga teachers who are
      experts in their fields.
      Grounded in the classical traditions of the six main Yogas and
      Ayurveda as well as in modern anatomically- based Yogas
      Designed to train already- certified or registered 200-hr Yoga teachers

      A training which is designed to develop skill in:

      Understanding Where we Come From: the History of Yoga in Depth
      Asana, Musculo-skeletal anatomy, and Ayurveda
      Ayurvedic Assessment of Students, and Yogic and Ayurvedic Lifestyle
      Recommendations
      Structural Yoga : Reading and Adjusting the Body in Yoga Asana
      Adjustment, safety, alignment, and use of props
      Restorative Yoga, Stress Response, Deep Relaxation and Yoga Nidra Training
      Advanced poses, advanced classical vinys, and modern Ashtanga
      vinyasa styles
      Intermediate- and advanced- level training in classical Hatha Yoga
      pranayama, mudra, and shat kriya practices
      Ashtanga (Raja) Yoga Pranayama and Intermediate and Advanced Hatha
      Yoga Pranayama and Mudra
      Teaching methodology for Yoga classes and for guiding students
      individually in sadhana practice
      The Yoga Sutras: Books I and II, including practices of pranayama and
      meditation, III and IV overview
      Theory and Practices from Jnana Yoga, Tantra Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, and
      Karma Yogas(Bhagavad-gita)
      Vedic roots of Yoga, Sanskrit, and Chanting of Vedic Mantras for Peace

      Yoga Therapy Certification Option
      This Training is 25 days long, divided into two sessions of 16 and 9
      days, respectively. It is open to all 200-hr certified or registered
      Yoga Teachers. The first session of this training, comprising
      approximately 120 hours, also applies toward RMIYA?s 300 hour Yoga
      Therapy Professional Certification program. Both certificates may be
      earned concurrently, if desired. Please check the schedules for each
      training.

      Schedule and Content of Training

      Morning Sessions
      The morning sessions will focus on the practices of practices of
      asana, pranayama, shat kriya, Hatha Yoga mudra, and relaxation. On
      most days, the first two hours of the morning session will be spent in
      asana practice, teaching methodology, and practicum in asana teaching,
      with teachers Jamie Elmer and Derik Purna Eselius.

      Asana training will encompass both classical and modern methods,
      methodology and practicum. Use of props, adjustment, and modern
      methods such as Structural/Iyengar and Ashtanga Vinyasa styles of
      practice will be complemented by triputi: slow classical vinyasa to
      attain the union of body, breath, and mind. More advanced poses will
      be taught and mastered slowly, according to the student?s capacity,
      with safety in mind. In the last session of the training, advanced
      classical method of asana with breath retention will be taught.

      Similarly, on most days, following a break after the asana session,
      the remainder of the morning session will focus on the theory and
      practice of pranayama, Hatha Yoga mudra, and meditation. We will
      review the entire classical Hatha Yoga system, and cover in the first
      session the nine classical types of Hatha Yoga pranayama, reviewing
      beginning methods and learning intermediate ones. In the second
      session, we will learn additional advanced Hatha Yoga breath methods
      and Raja Yoga pranayamas, which were practiced at the time of
      Patanjali. A variety of meditation methods will be presented, from
      Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, and Tantra.

      Students in the 500-hr YTT program will, in addition, attend 1)
      morning sessions from 6:30-10:30am, during both sessions of the Yoga
      Therapy program, and 2) an additional one-week training in advanced
      topics in Yoga. The morning sessions will include training in the
      following: pranayama review, intermediate pranayama and meditation,
      Hatha Yoga mudras, shat karma practices, advanced classical asana,
      Ashtanga vinyasa, use of props, sequencing, and teaching methodology.
      The last week of the training will cover philosophy, sanskrit, and
      additional practices of the six classical Yogas.

      Afternoon sessions
      Afternoon sessions will focus on a particular topic, and can include
      Yoga theory/philosophy, special practices, or teaching methodology.
      Afternoon session topics are as follows:

      Session 1:

      The History of Yoga & Yoga Therapy (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D., E-RYT500)
      Ayurveda :the Anatomy/Physiology System of Ancient India (Sarasvati
      Buhrman, Ph.D.)
      Shat Kriya morning practice session (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D., E-RYT500)
      Reading and Adjusting the Body in Asana Therapy (Mangala Warner,
      M.S, ERYT-500.)
      Yoga Psychology (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D., E-RYT500)
      Healing Dynamics of Breath (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D., E-RYT500)
      Restorative Yoga (Patricia Hansen, M.A., E-RYT-500)
      The Stress Response and Yoga: Deep Relaxation (Sarasvati Buhrman,
      Ph.D., E-RYT500)

      Teaching Yoga Nidra (Swami Brahmananda and Swami Dharmavati)

      Session 2:

      Sanskrit (Renay Oshop)
      Vedic Origins of Yoga (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D., and Sita Sharan, pujarini)
      Bhakti Yoga (Sita Sharan, pujarini)
      Yoga Practices from the Tantric Tradition (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D.,
      E-RYT500)
      Jnana Yoga (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D., E-RYT500)
      Yoga of The Bhagavad-gita (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D., E-RYT500)
      Yoga Sutras (Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D., E-RYT500), and closing ceremony

      Texts for the training:
      Training Manual
      A History of Modern Yoga, Elizabeth de Michaelis
      Ashtanga Yoga Primer, Baba Hari Dass
      Structural Yoga Therapy, Mukunda Stiles
      The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali?A Study Guide to Books I and II, Baba Hari Dass
      The Mahabharata (any lengthy version)
      The Bhagavad-Gita, trans.Barbara Stoller Miller (or any verse-only version)
      The Yoga Yajnavalkya (any version)
      The Hatha Pradipika (Kaivalyadham version preferred)
      The Gherandha Samhita (Kaivalyadham version preferred)
      The Yoga Vaishishtha, Swami Venkatesananda
      The Holy Vedas, Bibek and Dipavali Bebroy
      The Kulanarva Tantra (any version)

      Required Work Outside of Class

      Homework
      There will, in general, be one short assignment for each topic unit in
      session I, which will be evaluated by the faculty member teaching the
      session. No credit will be given without completion of the assignment.

      Evaluated Interim projects
      Written reports for each of the following are required, hard-copy only:

      1) Daily Practice of Sanskrit prayers, pranayama, meditation, asana,
      and deep relaxation a minimum of five days per week for the three
      month interim period. You will be provided with worksheet checklists
      to hand in, and will be expected to write up a short report on your
      experience with the practices learned to hand in for the October
      session.

      2) Reading Texts 1) Read the Mahabharata (any version except the
      radically shortened abridgments is acceptable). Choose a character who
      typifies Dharmic issues in some way (either negatively or positively).
      Write a short paper on this character to be presented in the
      Bhagavad-gita class. What did you learn about ethics, dharma, and
      Vedic world view from the stories you chose? 2) Pick one story from
      the Yoga Vaishishta to present in class on the day we study Jnana
      Yoga. What does the story illustrate?

      3) Practice Teaching Meet individually with one very sincere and
      committed intermediate Yoga student who wishes to advance on the
      spiritual path. Assess the person Ayurvedically and structurally and
      ask about their goals and beliefs. Choose and teach an appropriate
      asana, relaxation, pranayama and meditation daily practice to that
      person., explaining your reasons for each choice. Follow up with that
      person several times; spending at least five hours total working with
      them. Write a brief report on your assessments, your choice of
      practices, and the person?s experience and progress.

      Additional Evaluated Projects

      Attend at least one full day of a retreat with a recognised spiritual
      master from a Yoga tradition (eg. Baba Hari Dass, Sri Karunamayi,
      Ammachi, Anandi Ma, Swami VedaBharati, Swami Satyananda, etc.), if you
      have never done so before. How did the experience shape your
      understanding of Yoga and how will it affect your approach to
      teaching? (Students who wish to instead attend a retreat in a
      different spiritual tradition should contact the senior faculty member
      for the training).

      Daily practice for one week of one of the two Bhakti Yoga methods
      presented in the Bhakti Yoga portion
      of the second session.

      Certification

      Certificates will be granted when:
      All sessions have been attended and/or any missed sessions have been
      made up to the satisfaction of the supervising faculty member
      Students have demonstrated to the satisfaction of their teachers their
      ability to correctly perform and teach the practices taught in the
      training
      The projects described above have been completed
      Grades have been turned in for each segment of the training, so that
      transcripts may be maintained for the student?s future use.

      Faculty
      Sarasvati Buhrman, Ph.D. ERYT-500
      Mangala Warner, M.S. ERYT-500
      Jamie Elmer, ERYT-500
      Derik Purna Eselius E-RYT500
      Patricia Hansen, M.A., ERYT-500
      Swami Brahmananda
      Swami Dharmavati
      Sita Sharan, pujarini
      Renay Oshop

      About RMIYA
      The Rocky Mountain Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda, founded in 1990, is
      a not-for-profit educational institution dedicated to the purity and
      preservation of the ancient teachings and an exploration of their
      application to modern life. We are Colorado?s oldest school of Yoga
      and Ayurveda, and we are recognised by the Yoga Alliance, the World
      Council of Yoga of the International Yoga Federation, The National
      Ayurvedic Medical Association, and the International Association of
      Yoga Therapists.

      > the Rocky Mountain Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda presents our
      > 300- hr Yoga Therapy
      > Professional Certification Training
      > Program
      >
      > Offered in two training segments: June 17-July 2, and Aug 4-22
      >
      > "RMIYA's Yoga Therapy Certification Program, under the careful
      > direction of Professor Buhrman, opens the door for any diligent
      > student to explore the vast therapeutic potential of the Yogic
      > tradition in a contemporary context. After graduating, I came back to
      > my small Midwest town and was immediately employed as the resident
      > Yoga Therapist in the local Integrative Medicine Clinic."-- Matthew
      > Remski, Baraboo Yoga and Living Arts
      >
      > About the Program
      > This Certification program, now in its eleventh year, offers a unique
      > opportunity for in-depth study with a distinguished faculty of leading
      > Yoga Therapists, each of whom has many years of professional
      > experience. One of the most highly regarded and comprehensive
      > programs in the country, it gives students exposure to important Yogic
      > tools and techniques for bringing healing and well-being to others.
      > This in-depth training allows certified or registered Yoga teachers
      > and health care professionals with extensive Yoga backgrounds to
      > develop the skills necessary to use the knowledge and techniques from
      > all of the limbs of Yoga in a healing context.
      >
      > Students will learn Yoga Therapy diagnostics which include patient
      > intake and assessment from postural and movement perspectives, Yoga
      > psychology, and Ayurvedic perspectives. The cause and development of
      > diseases is studied from both Western and Ayurvedic viewpoints, and
      > relevant research on Yoga therapy methods is presented. The training
      > emphasises Yoga Therapy methods for managing or healing a variety of
      > conditions such as accidents and injuries, muscular skeletal
      > disorders, diseases of aging, metabolic disorder weight gain, and
      > diabetes, allergies and asthma, stress-related illnesses, digestive
      > disorders, cancer, depression and anxiety, other mental and emotional
      > disorders, and spiritual emergence difficulties. Client management,
      > ethics, legal issues, and how to develop referral relationships with
      > medical and other health care professionals will be included.
      > Internship projects will be assigned, and each student will work with
      > three patients for a period of approximately four months.
      >
      > The application of Yogic knowledge and healing practices include the
      > following techniques:
      >
      > § Yoga asana therapy appropriate for fit, injured, and aging persons.
      > § Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, and guided visualization techniques
      > for the achievement of deep levels of physical and emotional release,
      > relaxation and healing.
      > § Pranayama and meditation techniques specific to certain diseases and
      > doshic imbalances.
      > Yogic and Ayurvedic diets appropriate to specific diseases, and simple
      > Ayurvedic aids to healing.
> [...]
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic