Trouble Downloading to Flash

  • Pete Skeggs
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2006
      So I've been able to successfully download to flash many times before.
      Tonight, though, the Intellibrain refuses to enter bootstrap mode. I've
      tried many times to get it to enter bootstrap mode by holding down the
      stop button while switching the power on. Instead of showing the
      bootstrap display on the LCD, it just displays the normal "RoboJDE
      v1.3.0r3 Ready - Flash".

      Attempts to go ahead and update the Virtual Machine or download to flash
      (by selecting flash from the toolbar and clicking on the download icon)
      does nothing. I've tried all possible baud rates to no avail (though
      because it appears not to enter bootstrap mode, this is probably a waste
      of time).

      I know the stop button works because I can run a program and stop it
      with the stop button; the red LED near by also reflects it's state. I
      know the serial port is working, as I can download programs to RAM from
      RoboJDE just fine.

      Any thoughts?

      Is it possible to upload a program to RAM that will cause it to vector
      to the bootstrap -- kind of a software bootstrap button?

      -Pete