Re: [intellibrain] Re: Blown fuse on Intellibrain

  • Peter Chatterton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
      I've just discovered another ruined component.
      It's a vertically mounted coil in a plastic case
      that's marked 100 on top.  It's right next to the
      cap.

      BTW, what is the polarity of the old cap?  I've
      broken off the old plastic just leaving two tabs,
      one of which is much bigger than the other.  This
      tab was visible after the explosion, raised above
      the upper surface and covered in soot.

      Hope you can help,
      Peter

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2013
        Hi Peter,

        The inductor L1 is this part:

        http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PM43-100M-RC/M8503CT-ND/775571

        The cap in C15 should be oriented with the solid line oriented toward the left side of the board, near the green power header block.