Re: [intellibrain] Re: Blown fuse on Intellibrain

  • Peter Chatterton
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
      Thanks for the info.

      I'm concerned that it's a surface mount component and i won't be able
      to install it.  Is there another component you could suggest that would
      drop in.  I want to save the shipping charge by ordering now.

      I've heard that some modern commercial solders aren't compatible
      with ordinary lead solder.  If that is the case here, would a solder sucker
      do the job or would i need some solvent?

      Peter

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
        I've just discovered another ruined component.
        It's a vertically mounted coil in a plastic case
        that's marked 100 on top.  It's right next to the
        cap.

        BTW, what is the polarity of the old cap?  I've
        broken off the old plastic just leaving two tabs,
        one of which is much bigger than the other.  This
        tab was visible after the explosion, raised above
        the upper surface and covered in soot.

        Hope you can help,
        Peter

        If you are referring to the component in C15 on the IntelliBrain2 board, it is a capacitor. It is this part:

        http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/T491D107K010AT/399-3769-2-ND/818629

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Chatterton" <peter@...> wrote:

        > I've just blown the main fuse with too many AC volts.
        > It's just behind the power supply and is light brown
        > with a 3 mm or so flap on it (now).
        > How do i fix it?
        >
        > Peter
        >
        > P.S. Isn't it supposed to be auto-reset? Or is that
        > just for the servo one? If so, why?

      • ridgesoft
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2013
          Hi Peter,

          The inductor L1 is this part:

          http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PM43-100M-RC/M8503CT-ND/775571

          The cap in C15 should be oriented with the solid line oriented toward the left side of the board, near the green power header block.