Blown fuse on Intellibrain

  • Peter Chatterton
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2012
      I've just blown the main fuse with too many AC volts.
      It's just behind the power supply and is light brown
      with a 3 mm or so flap on it (now).
      How  do i fix it?

      Peter

      P.S. Isn't it supposed to be auto-reset?  Or is that
      just for the servo one?  If so, why?

    • ridgesoft
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
        Hi Peter,

        If you are referring to the component in C15 on the IntelliBrain2 board, it is a capacitor. It is this part:

        http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/T491D107K010AT/399-3769-2-ND/818629

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
          Thanks for the info.

          I'm concerned that it's a surface mount component and i won't be able
          to install it.  Is there another component you could suggest that would
          drop in.  I want to save the shipping charge by ordering now.

          I've heard that some modern commercial solders aren't compatible
          with ordinary lead solder.  If that is the case here, would a solder sucker
          do the job or would i need some solvent?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
            I've just discovered another ruined component.
            It's a vertically mounted coil in a plastic case
            that's marked 100 on top.  It's right next to the
            cap.

            BTW, what is the polarity of the old cap?  I've
            broken off the old plastic just leaving two tabs,
            one of which is much bigger than the other.  This
            tab was visible after the explosion, raised above
            the upper surface and covered in soot.

            Hope you can help,

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 13, 2013
              Hi Peter,

              The inductor L1 is this part:

              http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PM43-100M-RC/M8503CT-ND/775571

              The cap in C15 should be oriented with the solid line oriented toward the left side of the board, near the green power header block.