LabVIEW Communication

  • eckman.matt@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2011
      I am able to send values to the IntelliBrain Bot from LabVIEW (no receiving values yet) but the problem is the IntelliBrain is slow to respond.

      I have the serial com settings at comPort.setSerialPortParams(38400, 8, 1, 0); and LabVIEW serial settings match that. Yet each time I send a new value from LabVIEW to the IntelliBrain Bot it takes at least 1 second till the Bot updates. Is this caused by the serialIn.read() command?

      Here is part of my code, I do have the needed import's, fields, and the try/catch block. How can I make this communicate faster?

      SerialPort comPort = IntelliBrain.getCom1();

      Thread.sleep(1000);

      comPort.setSerialPortParams(38400, 8, 1, 0);

      InputStream serialIn = comPort.getInputStream();
      OutputStream serialOut = comPort.getOutputStream();
      display.print(0, "Communicating");
      while (true) {
      recValue = serialIn.read();
      display.print(1, "Received: " +