Call for book chapter proposal in a forthcoming book about robotic prototyping

  • gcx715
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2010
      Dear Robotic Researchers,

      We would like to cordially invite you to consider contributing your expertise in robotics to a forthcoming book edited by Drs. Tarek Sobh and Xingguo Xiong of the University of Bridgeport, entitled "Prototyping of Robotic Systems: Applications of Design and Implementation". To accommodate numerous requests from the robotics researcher community, the chapter proposal submission deadline is now extended to Dec. 31, 2010. You are cordially invited to contribute your expertise to this forthcoming book.

      Robots have been widely used for many industrial applications, such as manufacturing, electronics assembly, food processing, underground oil mining, aerospace exploration, disease diagnosis and clinical surgery. Prototyping is an important activity in engineering. Prototyping a design helps in determining system parameters, ranges and in structuring better system. Robotics is one of the industrial design fields in which prototyping is crucial for improved functionality. Robotic systems are diverse in their working principles, implementation and applications. Furthermore, newly emerging technologies in the areas of computer vision, wireless communication, micro and nanotechnologies have enabled the emergence of robotic systems for new applications. Thus, we perceive a need for an edited collection of chapters in the field of robotic prototyping and its applications.

      Prototyping of Robotic Systems: Applications of Design and Implementation will aim to cover the design, implementation of various robotic systems and their applications, from complicated industrial robots to state-of-the-art nanorobots for surgical applications, as well as robotic systems for educational purposes. The new trends and most recent research frontiers in robotic prototyping and its applications will also be covered.

      We would like to cordially invite you to contribute a chapter on an appropriate topic of your choice. You may refer to the following URL for more details about the proposal of this book:

      http://igi-global.com/AuthorsEditors/AuthorEditorResources/CallForBookChapters/CallForChapterDetails.aspx?CallForContentId=0ffd1a37-6a1f-4377-85fb-2808e2268495

      Should you accept this invitation, we would like to kindly ask that, on or before December 31, 2010, you submit via e-mail a 2-3 page chapter proposal to us (xxiong@... and sobh@...) for review that explains and outlines the scope of your proposed chapter. Should your proposal be accepted, you will be notified by January 14, 2011, and given until March 1, 2011, to submit your chapter. It will then be sent for double-blind peer review. This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the "Information Science Reference" (formerly Idea Group Reference), "Medical Information Science Reference," "Business Science Reference," and "Engineering Science Reference" imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in early 2012.

      If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your consideration of this invitation and hope to hear from you soon!

      Best wishes,

      Tarek Sobh, Ph.D., P.E., CMfgE
      Distinguished Professor of Engineering and Computer Science
      Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research and
      Dean, School of Engineering
      University of Bridgeport
      221 University Avenue
      Bridgeport, CT 06604, U.S.A.
      Office: +1 (203) 576-4116
      Fax: +1 (203)576-4766
      Email: sobh@...
      http://www.bridgeport.edu/~sobh

      Xingguo Xiong, Ph.D.
      Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
      Department of Electrical Engineering
      School of Engineering
      University of Bridgeport
      Bridgeport, CT 06604
      Tel: 203-576-4760
      Email: xxiong@...

      Editors

      It will be highly appreciated if you can circulate this call-for-book-chapter-proposal to your colleagues who may be interested in it. Thank you.