how to move robot with TV remote?

  • deni.dzafo
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2010
      Hi all!

      I'm a student and I use IntelliBrain-Bot Deluxe Robot for my study.
      I'm curious if there is some tutorial or does some of you know how to program robot to move with TV remote? Do you have some program or something like that?, I know I must use infra-red sensor for that but I don't know the code for program that is used in this case.
      I will be very thankfull if someone can help me.

      tnx
    • ridgesoft
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2010
        Hi Deni,

        There's an example program that illustrates how to use a Sony compatible remote control. It can be found under the folders where RoboJDE is installed:

        RoboJDE\Examples\IntelliBrain\InfraredPorts\SonyRemoteControl

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "deni.dzafo" <deni.dzafo@...> wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > I'm a student and I use IntelliBrain-Bot Deluxe Robot for my study.
        > I'm curious if there is some tutorial or does some of you know how to program robot to move with TV remote? Do you have some program or something like that?, I know I must use infra-red sensor for that but I don't know the code for program that is used in this case.
        > I will be very thankfull if someone can help me.
        >
        > tnx

      • Deni Džafo
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2010
          Hi!

          Last few days I was handeling robot to move with my TVremote, but the problem is I can not make robot to read infrared. I wrote the program for Mvp1 remote and I can download it on robot, but when I press buttons it reads nothing., I know how to make robot to move, but I can't read infrared and I dont have necassery code. I dont know what is wrong.
          help pleas:)

          the program i wrote is:

          import com.ridgesoft.intellibrain.IntelliBrain;
          import com.ridgesoft.intellibrain.IntelliBrainIrReceiver;
          import com.ridgesoft.robotics.IrRemote;
          import com.ridgesoft.robotics.sensors.Mvp1IrRemote;

          public class Main {
          try {
          IrRemote irRemote = new Mvp1IrRemote(IntelliBrain.getIrReceiver());

          System.out.println("Press remote keys");

          int previousCharacter = -1;
          while (true) {
          int character = irRemote.read();
          if ((character != -1) && (character != previousCharacter)) {
          System.out.println("rx: " + character + " (0x"
          + Integer.toHexString(character) + ')');
          previousCharacter = character;
          }
          }
          }