Display engine speed

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2010
      Hi,

      I have a new question. Which command must be used to receive a print engine speed on the display? In particular I need to balance the engines so I need to see the current speed of rotation of each engine? Thx a lot,

      best regards

      barbara
    • David Suarez
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2010

        Barbara,

                    Unless the servo is retro-fitted with automatic feedback,  there is no way to determine speed without some sort sensor detecting the speed of servo which is what testServoResponce class does.   testServoResponce class provided by Ridgesoft in Navigation tutorial can be modified to calibrate so speed is equivalent providing different power settings.

        Robot moving in straight line requires sensors like Sonar,  CMUcam etc,  unless you use dead reckoning calculations which is total waste of CPU and still has unacceptable margin of error.