RidgeWarriorII parts 3, 4 and 5 compile problems

  • njhsarobot
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
      I tried to compile parts 3, 4 and 5 but had a compiler problem. The
      error is that abstract Stop method is not realized by the ServoMotor
      class. I just wanted to let you know
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
        The problem is because the RidgeWarriorII was written using RoboJDE
        version 1.3. The Motor interface was extended with 1.4 to add the
        stop method. The method is trivial:

        public void stop() {
        mServo.off();
        }

        Another option is to use the ContinuousRotationServo class which was
        enhanced with versio 1.4 to add the functionality of the ServoMotor
        class.

        RidgeSoft Support

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "njhsarobot" <njhsarobot@...>
        wrote:

        > I tried to compile parts 3, 4 and 5 but had a compiler problem. The
        > error is that abstract Stop method is not realized by the ServoMotor
        > class. I just wanted to let you know

      • bubbles388uk
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2006
          i have the same problem too,would it be possible to have versions
          that will work with 1.4 downloaded in the files section as my java is
          non existent at the mo..........help!

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 24, 2006
            The IntelliBrainBotDemo example program (\Program
            Files\RoboJDE\Examples\IntelliBrainBot\Demo\IntelliBrainBotDemo.java)
            is a version of the RidgeWarriorII program which works with 1.4.
            Also, most of the classes from the RidgeWarriorII project have been
            added to the RoboJDE class library or merged into existing classes.
            The IntelliBrainBotDemo program does not include section 5, which
            uses the CMUcam, however, there is a new example of using the CMUcam
            named IntelliBrainBotColorTracker.

            If you are new to Java, the examples are probably the best place to
            start. They have all been compiled and tested with version 1.4.
            Most of them are written in a way to illustrate one or just a few
            concepts making them relatively easy to comprehend. There are
            roughly 60 examples included under the folder \Program
            Files\RoboJDE\Examples.

            We'll add updating the RidgeWarriorII code to our to-do list.

            RidgeSoft Support

            --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "bubbles388uk" <ayoung@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 24, 2006
              The source at
              http://www.ridgesoft.com/articles/ridgewarriorii/ridgewarriorii.htm
              for RidgeWarriorII parts 3, 4 and 5 has been updated so it compiles
              with version 1.4 of RoboJDE.