Controlling other servo not just Parallax Continous Rotation servo

  • navaho4x4
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2010
      I read Ridgesoft Article on April 2005 Servo magazine, "Creating reusable robotics software components". It showed how any servo can be controlled via servo interface using setPosition command. A testServoResponce class was used to create a graph that is used to figure out the range.
      My question is how can I figure out approximate range based on data sheet. Example I connected Parallax Standard Servo and I would like to make turn 180 degrees using setPosition command. I am planning to test Hitec HS311 next.
      setPosition() is very inconsistent, I am reading Parallax Standard Servo Data sheet and I can not figure out range needed for setPostion() to move servo from 0 to 180 degrees.
      Parallax datasheet gives an example using BASIC stamp
      for counter=1 to 100
      pullsout 1,750
      pause
      next

      How do I convert this from BASIC to java for IntelliBrain ?