Re: cmucam or cmucam2 discontinued !!!

  • ridgesoft
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2010
      We don't have any current plans to provide a TTL interface to the CMUcam3.

      If anyone is aware of other vendors that sell the CMUcam or CMUcam2 or has had success working with a CMUcam compatible camera, please post references to those vendors/products.

      --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "navaho4x4" <dsuarez1@...> wrote:

      > I ordered cmucam2 from seattleRobotics.com. A few days later, I received a refund, cmucam and cmucam2 have been discontinued. No one sells the cmucam2, all vendors have upgraded to cmucam3. But due to TTL interface of cmucam3, it does not interface easily with intellibrain.
      > Can Ridgesoft provide a interface kit for the CMUCAM3 ?
      > if yes, Can you also provide a CMUCAM3 class ? similiar to cmucam and cmucam2 class ?

    • David Suarez
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2010

        Since cmucam and cmucam2 has been discontinued which are the only officially supported video sensing device,  I decided to gamble and purchased the cmuCam3.

        It turns out,  cmuCam3 is hardware compatible and software compatible to cmuCam2.  It is software compatible only if cmucam2 firmware is installed.  It is Hardware compatible ,  so the standard Ridgesoft cmucam connection cable using serial com2 and power connector to cmuCam3 worked perfectly.