Re: Unteathering your IntelliBrain-based robot with Bluetooth

  • jackbosshard
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi,

      I can confirm, that this product works. But everytime I want to
      connect, there is a need to push the small knob with a screwdriver
      to start the pairing procedure.

      A trial to connect (as described in the aircable manual) in the
      command mode (hyperterminal under Windows XP and using a crossed RS
      232 cable (zero-modem cable)does not work i.e. no response. I want
      to configure it in such a way that pairing will be done
      automatically. Can someone give me a hint? (Remark: The above
      procedure does also not work with a RS 232 gendre changer)

      Regards

      Jack

      --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@r...> wrote:

      > If you would like to allow your IntelliBrain-based robot to
      communicate to a host PC via an unteathered serial link, the
      following Bluetooth serial cable products from Air Cable may be what
      you are looking for:

      > http://www.aircables.net/cr-usb-serial-male.html
      >
      > We have done some testing with these products and found they work
      well although the program download speed is significantly slower due
      to latency through the link. However, they work well for sending
      telemetry and debug information to the host PC.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        We've found in our testing that once the units are paired they
        remain paired. Our experience is that the only time you need to
        reinitiate the pairing procedure is to pair establish pairing
        between a different pairing of units.

        Have you contacted AirCable support?

        The RidgeSoft Team

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "jackbosshard" <hans-